Help ! Stuck in limp home mode.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshammal

Car
Ml 270 cdi
I have a diesel Mercedes ML 270 cdi 2002 approx 102k miles on the clock, I am having problems with the auto gear box, it's now stuck in limp home mode and sounds very clunky when changing between drive, neutral, reverse etc. it's done it before, last winter in fact but would revert back to normal after turning the ignition off and on again. It would seem to be triggered by the colder temperatures. I had it in the garage and they reset some codes and reset the factory settings (gear ratios and values) it worked fine for a day or two but has now gone back into limp home and won't budge out of it. I have the car booked into the garage again on Monday but would like to be able to have a list if things for him to check and not rely solely on the diagnostics machine as it's been going on ages now and I just want it sorted once and for all, guys please help me out, I am a novice at all this. Is this a common fault with the ml and has anyone got any advice or help ? Many thanks James

It will be all down to what codes are logged. It is likely top be a speed sensor inside the 'box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom