Help - swapped driver seat and no movement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rawhide

Car
2 x 2004 S211 320 CDI
Hi all, I have two S211 estates. Both identical in terms of options. One is pending scrap due to a hydrolocked engine.

I moved the driver seat from car to car without disconnecting the battery.

Now the car wont recognise the seat. The SAM says it cant talk to the module.

In checked the power seat fuse and also swapped it.

No the car is sat with battery disconnected while I hope.

We only have on running car now so any 'gotchas' are welcome.

I have STAR but got a CAN error talking to the front seat module.

Last resort would be to swap the old seat back in.

That is an option, but I was hoping maybe it would somehow reset or suchlike. The wireing does look fine though Ive not checked for power.

That is an option, but I was hoping maybe it would somehow reset or suchlike. The wireing does look fine though Ive not checked for power.
There may be differences in the modules' coding that is causing your problem as well as wiring issues.

You win the prize. Just checked the cabling at the back of the modules and they are different modules. I guess these cars are not identical afterall!!

You win the prize. Just checked the cabling at the back of the modules and they are different modules. I guess these cars are not identical afterall!!
Mercedes and other manufacturers often change design specifications during a model run.

If you can get a wiring diagram then you could possibly re wire the plug?

One module has four colour codes plugs, the other has a larger single plug doing the same job. Im sure your correct but I dont have the time for that on a rainy day with kids crawling around wanting entertained. My wife will need to live with her scrappy seats unless i can swap the top part only..

This job is going from bad to worse. Old seat (and module) is now replaced but same issue. STAR cannot see the module.

Im now checking all fuses and power. Any hints welcome :(

Always disconnect the battery before any electrical work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom