HELP - Sysdiag.dll Virus???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc180k

Car
C180K Avantgarde SE Sport
Hi folks,

Have answered the cry for help with the inlaws pc. Seems to have a virus within a file called sysdiag.dll.

My pc does not have this file and I'm assuming this is a shell file with a virus within it. Problem is I can't get shot of it. Tried Symatec antivirus and windows defender. The anti virus software sees it and recognises it as a virus but when it goes to quarantine or delete - "access is denied".

I also tried to remove the file myself but again denied due to the file bein gin use.

Can someone help me get shot of this please?? Otherwise I'm looking at a total format of his system.

Thanks all,

Simon

Hi folks,

Have answered the cry for help with the inlaws pc. Seems to have a virus within a file called sysdiag.dll.

My pc does not have this file and I'm assuming this is a shell file with a virus within it. Problem is I can't get shot of it. Tried Symatec antivirus and windows defender. The anti virus software sees it and recognises it as a virus but when it goes to quarantine or delete - "access is denied".

I also tried to remove the file myself but again denied due to the file bein gin use.

Can someone help me get shot of this please?? Otherwise I'm looking at a total format of his system.

Thanks all,

Simon

Try booting the system into Command Line Safe Mode and see if it will let you delete the file then

To ensure it is sorted you need to then turn off System Restore, run the virus checker and let it do it's job then turn system restore back on

Hope that helps

If you Google it - there's a lot about it there and view on how to remove it..

Handed the pc back yesterday to the inlaws after a full format and reinstall of the software.
Also advised to change passwords etc to be on safe side.

Annoying - what kind of person would intentionally put a virus out for someone to catch?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom