Help to Decode ASSYST PLUS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Voltan

Car
W211 E220CDi, W220 S320CDi
Hi,

Could someone kindly help to decode the following display from my W211 E220 CDI ASSYST PLUS, (or the link to decode) :

Service D
in 310 km

SERVICE DATA
18MW
WEIGHTING=215

ITEMS
SERVICE 3
SERVICE 5
SERVICE 6
SERVICE 13
SERVICE 15

Thank you

Hello again,

I was told that the "18MW" under the SERVICE DATA is a service sheet. Still not clear, if is just a record number or something more important. Likewise the "WEIGHTING=215" is the number of minutes for one trained mechanic would take to service the car as per the ASSYST PLUS.

However none can provide answers to "ITEMS - SERVICE 3,5,6,13 & 15"

Hope someone can throw some light on this soon.

Thanks

They are all items listed against the recommended service sheet. Each item has a number, don't ask me what though.

OK, but how or where can I get the service sheet?

Dieselman said:
They are all items listed against the recommended service sheet. Each item has a number, don't ask me what though.

Voltan said:
Hello again,

I was told that the "18MW" under the SERVICE DATA is a service sheet. Still not clear, if is just a record number or something more important. Likewise the "WEIGHTING=215" is the number of minutes for one trained mechanic would take to service the car as per the ASSYST PLUS.

However none can provide answers to "ITEMS - SERVICE 3,5,6,13 & 15"

Hope someone can throw some light on this soon.

Thanks

From my last D service sheet.

Service 3 - Check poly V belt for wear and damage
Service 5 - Replace combination filter
Service 6 - Check bodywork for damage/Chassis and Load bearing components/Renew Brake Fluid
Service 13 - Engine Oil and Filter change
Service 15 - Not on my list????

Hope this helps.;)

They are listed in the service book.

The D means about 3-4 hours labour.

Thanks Brian & Saorbust,

Yes I did get the Service 15 code. Whilst I now can decode the Service A to H, I am not sure what the numerical stand for. Say Saorbust, which service book do you mean? Where can I obtain one. Thanks once again for your responses.

Ask MB dealer to print out the 'service overview for assyst plus' from WIS next time you are there.

Heres a summary from the print out i have for E class

1 = check brake pads and disks
2 = (every 2 years/30k km)
check trailer hitch
3 = (every 2 years/60k km)
check poly v belt
replace compressor poly v-belt
replace air clieaner insert
turn air filter element by 180 degrees (only on 1st service 3)
4 = every 60k km / 2 years
option 580 aircon - change filter
5 = every 60k km / 2 years
option 581 aircon - change all 3 filters
6 = every 2 years
bodywork check
underside check
replace brake fluid
7 = every 5 years
clean sunroof mech
8 = every 3 years
clean panaramic roof mech
9 = every 80k km / 4 years
air cleaner insert (most engines), fuel filter, spark plugs on engine 271
10 every 100k km / 4 years
spark plugs on engine 112/113/272
11 = ebery 120k / 4 years
replace air cleaner insert engine 646/647/648
12 = evert 250k / 15 years
fuel filter (engines 112/113/271/272)
replace coolant
20 = 60000 km
trasnfer case oil change on 4 matic
auto transmission oil and filter change
13 = at each service
engine oil and filter change

14 = brake fluid level, washer fluid level, check engine hood latch, lots of interior checks, horn, wipers, etc etc, check tyres, trunk lighting, battery
15 = same as 14 + check all visible parts for leaks, check pwoer stearing, replace spark plugs on engine 271 and fuel filter on engine 646 with code 921 (operation with Rape seed oil !!) or VOME (vegetable oil methyl ester)
check wheels and brakes, and all body work and lights and couplings etc

really ignorant question - how do you get to the display mentioned in the very first post?

Thanks Richard, you are okay. Saorbust, thank you for informing me the service codes are in the Service Booklet accompanying the other manuals. I didn’t realise that it is to be used in conjunction with the ASSYST PLUS.

Using the multi-function buttons on the steering wheel, select the “Service x” on the MF Display. Press and hold the reset button (beside display) for 5 sec. When you see the “SERVICE MENU” you scroll around to see all that are needed.

PPL, I cannot find anywhere in my E Class SERVICE BOOKLET, telling when and what to check on the BATTERIES. I notice that Richard typed in bold red as a Service 14 Item. Whilst I do not see it in my SERVICE BOOKLET.

Voltan said:
PPL, I cannot find anywhere in my E Class SERVICE BOOKLET, telling when and what to check on the BATTERIES. I notice that Richard typed in bold red as a Service 14 Item. Whilst I do not see it in my SERVICE BOOKLET.

I didnt do it in bold red ... you must have searched for something and the browser highlighted it instead ..

They update that service schedule every now and then .. I guess that schedule is newer than your service book !

R

Quite likely.. due to search. I'll see if the local MB dealer can humour me with an updated Svc Booklet. Otherwise I'll just type in the item in Svc 14. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom