Help understanding this e63 ( w212 pre facelift but facelift bits)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damurphster

Car
BMW 550i touring, on the hunt for C63 estate
I'm still on my quest for a w212 with a 6.2 but this 5.5 has caught my eye.

Can anyone confirm if preface lift car with the 5.5 would have hydraulic steering or not? I assume it will do?

I like the idea of a simpler 6.2 na and hydraulic steering etc but they don't pop up very often so getting bored waiting!

Can anyone confirm if preface lift car with the 5.5 would have hydraulic steering or not? I assume it will do?
All the 212-series Biturbo E63's have electric power steering.

Personally, having owned two E63 Biturbo's (one pre-facelift and one facelift), I wouldn't make a decision whether to purchase or not on what type of power steering system the car uses. The steering feel is great on the electric ones, and I had no reliability issues either.

The car in your link is a very good spec and with an unusual (and desirable) light interior. Don't pass it up just because of a prejudice over the type of steering power assistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: HB
I had seen this one and was interested but the "no expense spared " bit didn't ring true with the MOT history, esp. re. Brake pipes. Lovely car though.

60k miles 2012 M157 then ask if there is anything in the cars history to show if it’s had any work done regarding the cam timing chains.

2012 model with 5+ owners, last since 2016???

If an AMG vehicle has its service history all in place, and certain components replaced at the recommended intervals, and drives and sounds spot on, on a test drive/viewing, number of owners wouldn't be a factor to me. These cars do change owners much more frequently than a say so called less performance vehicle.

I think it looks fab and have been keeping an eye on it for a while. It's been on for a number of weeks now. Definitely need to know if the timing chain has been replaced. Plenty of info about that on here.

Absolutely weapon of a car!

Shame about the owners as others have said...but its not always bad. It sometimes limits potential buyers when you choose to move on!

When I bought my SLK it was 7 years old and from memory had had 4 previous owners but only done 18000 miles. Bought from a MB dealer who had serviced it for the last two owners, looks like new , drives like new and currently has still only done 24 k miles. Has been serviced by MB every year so if I were to sell it now and buyers were put off by the number of previous owners they would be missing out on a great car , I buy on condition and service history unless the car has changed hands a couple of times in a very short period

Looks like it has them from the pics?

I think it's hard to tell whether it's got the massage function or not from the pic.

The registration shown on the E63 estate photos is now on a BMW, so can't check the options unless anyone has the Vin#

Ring the seller and ask the questions you have. If it all appears good then go and view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom