Help ! W202 C Class How to Break Into Boot ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
OK I've dropped myself in it now whilst resealing the Valve covers I depressurised and disconnected a High Pressure Fuel Hose Being Mindful of Safety I disconnected the Battery First . Today I went to get some items from the Boot and it dawned on me
Its Shut :(
Over the past 12-15mthsI have had several goes at unjamming the Key lock so that in case of a flat battery I could get in but to no avail despite oiling with penetrating oil leaving to soak and even Vibrating it with the key in the lock .

So I have a disconnected battery and non key opening lock :confused:
As I see it 2 possible options
1st somehow get a positive and negative feed to somewhere ( rest of the car is open ) just enough to trigger the lock would one of those charge through the lighter sockets work ???
2nd Drill The Lock Out
3rd Screwdriver banged in the lock and forced round
Any help appreciated
Thanks Boyd

Connect up a power supply from a charger or from another car battery to the points under bonett as illustrated below and use the remote fob to unlock the boot.

Dec

527006d1373817592-cable-box-charge-point.jpg

Great Your a star thats made my day :bannana:I've been under onslaught of things breaking there is light at the end of the tunnel :D
Boyd

Will the key blade turn counter clockwise to about 11 o’clock in the lock?
When you oil the lock, always do it with the boot lid fully open to allow the oil to fully penetrate all of the lock barrel mechanism.

Dec

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom