Help ! W202 C180 or C220 engine swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveHicks76

Car
w202 1997 class
HI guys l hope you are all well.

l had w202 c180 1997, one thing l hated about it was the engine did not have enough power and it sort of dragged to get to 60mph, so l sold it and now l am looking for w202 which l already found one but this time its C220.

l realised people in Dubai when l visited in some cars they had total different engines to the car its self , for example Lexus LS 1997 engine 4.4L to Nissan patrol y61 1997 car and use the same transmission for the Nissan patrol just by adding transmission adapter.

question is:

what other engines can l use in w202 c180 or c220 for more Bhp but l'm not looking for something bigger than lets say 3.5 litter engine ?

even if it was 2 litter engine or 2.5L its totally fine with me as long as the car got some drag into it and could do over 140 miles.

and where can l get adapter plates for W202 transmission?

l want some advice , l found great site but its only for wholesale and my mechanic friends told me l can install BMW 5 series engine but once again l need adapter plate for the w202 transmission.

another suggestion l got to is: ford mondeo ST engine 3 Litter and VXR 2.5 litter but once again I COULD NOT FIND ADOPTER FOR THE W202 TRANSMISSION !

an example:
BMW 5 series engine to w202 c180 or c220 transmission 1997
ford mondeo ST engine 3 Litter
to w202 c180 or c220 transmission 1997
VXR 2.5 litter
Audi A5 engine

please tell me what engines are the best and my budget is not high however my friend who owns garage never done this before, putting different engine into different car.

What is your motivation for doing this?
If you want a faster car then getting a faster base car is the easiest cheapest thing to do. I think they did one with 2.3 supercharged engine (190 ish bhp) , v6 and v8 options.

Everything else will cost and you probably lose things like cruise control and traction control, abs etc. You will also need a standalone engine management system to make the engines you mentioned run in a w202

But if you have lots of time and money anything is possible.

What is your motivation for doing this?
If you want a faster car then getting a faster base car is the easiest cheapest thing to do. I think they did one with 2.3 supercharged engine (190 ish bhp) , v6 and v8 options.

Everything else will cost and you probably lose things like cruise control and traction control, abs etc. You will also need a standalone engine management system to make the engines you mentioned run in a w202

But if you have lots of time and money anything is possible.
yes you right but the main question is where do l get adaptor plate from and what engine is good ?
any idea ?

yes you right but the main question is where do l get adaptor plate from and what engine is good ?
any idea ?

You need the engine from the C63 with VAG DSG beatbox, driving through a twin rear axle to get you over those sand dunes.

You need the engine from the C63 with VAG DSG beatbox, driving through a twin rear axle to get you over those sand dunes.
yes you also right but l'm not looking for c63 l want something else like l mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom