Help:W210 wiring cables for CD changer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.christophi

Car
E320 Estate 2001, E320 1994
Can anyone tell me what cables I need to connect A fibre optic CD changer to an E320 Estate 2001 and if there is a mercedes kit and what part no.

Can I buy the fibre optic cable and what I need separately or must it be a Mercedes kit?

Thanks

It wouldn't surprise me if the wiring was already fitted, with the exception of the fibre-optic cables (they appear to be separate). I wish you'd asked the question last week and I'd have looked for a label on my W210, as I removed the stamndard kit and the fibre-optic cables and original loom are under the floor now waiting until I sell the car.

Ian.

Well, the battery and auxiliary fuse box are only under the OSR seat, so you could easily use a spare fuse position there and run the cable across the car under the seat, then back into the boot down the NSR cable duct.

Ian.

The power is derived from the head unit C1 pin 5(neg)C1 pin 6(pos) and the wake up signal is C2 pin 10.

I hope this is of help.

If you think you may want to install a MB phone later on it may be worth investigating a D2B fibre with a phone connection point which can be through connected for the time being.

Regards

Thanks guys I have got the fibre optic cable and will buy the power cable from mercedes (at double the cost of what its worth)

Thanks Sym,

I know it's sad :( but I don't really need it ,but if I can get it at that price I will keep it just in case.

As I have done a couple of installs for friends. As of now I don't have a project in mind so if any one else wants it..you go for it.

What a considerate bunch you are :D :D

For your info the first item is complete with power lead and has the phone outlet too, if you don't want the phone the cable can be easily modified for CD only or a through connector can be bought.

The second item also has connection for phone but if you are connecting the CD you will need an additional power lead.

Last edited:
No Problem Ian, :)

I shouldn't buy more stuff when I've got a garage full, but I just can't resist a bargain.

I'm sure there are others on the forum that have the Ebay bug.

I check almost every day to see what new MB parts have been listed, this must rank quite high in the saddo league.

Why don't we see how many other own up to this :D or am I all alone on sad central.

Paul

LOL... no, you're not alone, I have been known to buy all sorts of bits that never made it onto my cars but instead lie in wait for me in my garage.

I'm checking daily for second hand wheels at the moment, FORGOT to bid on a set today that went for £297 in the end, but were standard CLK Avantgarde alloys in great condition. So I'm gutted, I really do need a set of wheels as my wheels are scuffed and tyres are due for replacement and I'd like to do both at the same time.

I'll keep an eye out for you on eBay then Paul. ;)

Ian.

mrfiepro said:
I'm sure there are others on the forum that have the Ebay bug.

I check almost every day to see what new MB parts have been listed, this must rank quite high in the saddo league.

I am also incurable . . . . I know of others . . . . you know who you are :cool:

S.

buying bug

LOL guys we've all got the same bug. This bloody CD changer is costing me more money than if I bought a new one but there you go I cant resist ebay. :bannana:

Hi all got the cd changer wiring cable from mercedes. Someone help please. Small plug fits into CD changer other end into head unit. Brown & black wire is for battery but where does the blue one go? Is it the CD wake up wire? I have a diagram for the Audio ten head unit which says: - SocetC - 4=management CD, 5=battery, 6=gnd.Has anyone fitted a CD change and come across this wiring? would appreciate the help.

Thanks

I know where the blue wire goes for COMAND, but suspect the Audio 10 is different !

But you are correct, that it is the D2B wake-up wire, and the CD Changer will not work without it connected. Sound like Pin 4 on Socket "C" whatever that is on the back of the Audio 10. You may need a connector for this and the appropriate pins for it - I daresay it is similar to comand.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom