HELP W211 16" Rucha's on W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neihig

Car
E220 CDI
Hey guys I don't want to be a pain but I'm strugglin' a bit and needs some help, advice and reassurance!

Got my 16" Rucha Alloys with 225/55/R16 Continental tyres (4mm tread) on last night.

Purchased and collected 'bolt pack 4' from alloywheelsdirect.net warehouse at Luton today - thanks Chris for helping organise

Just finished fitting my new ruchas on my W210 E220 CDI tonight.

Rears fit fine no probs but fronts look tight.

The fronts miss that 'low bolt' by 2-3mm but i' m sure they are touching the drop links (I think thats what the called, they're connected with that low bolt) near the top on the inside of the wheel. The wheel spins freely when jacked up but might just be rubbing the inside of the tyre wall.

What should I do?

Are shims or spacers an option with the short bolts from bolt pack 4 ( I think the thread is 23mm long) or will it have to be 215/55/R16's on front and rear (to prevent ABS, BAS & ESP malfunctions due to differant tyre sizes front to rear) but will this defo create the room needed on the inside or will it be ok as it is?

Car seems to drive and handle fine and is a big improvement from the non original corvus alloys, 7" rims all round, with 205/55/R16 wheels and tyres that were on the car when I bought it!

Please help as its starting to get expensive after the CLK 16" Cygnus alloys i bought and fitted but due to the staggered tyre set- up didn't work with my W210, luckily i've managed to move them on.

No need really to keep on posting new threads just update the previous one. Was already mentioned the tyre size should be 215/55/R16 all round. I dont know this low bolt you talk of, ask a local tyre place to take a look and see what they say. If you fit spacers you will need longer bolts.

Last edited:
OK npuk. Forums are very new to me and i've never posted before until just recently. I used to just sift through the endless threads to try and resolve my problems.

Can i edit the title of previously posted thread if I want to update the subject?

Regarding the tyres I know 215/55/R16's would be the standard set-up but how do the other manufacturer optional tyre set-ups:

235/45/R17's, and
225/45/R17's

work with the W210 set-up?

If the 225 and 235 widths work how do they not foul or touch the inner suspension arm I'm having problems with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom