help water in passenger front and rear footwell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hgv1

Car
e320 w211
e class 320 w211 floor in passenger footwell soaked removed seat to get under carpet to find it flooded so lifted front passenger carpet to find water there too which had shorted out the heated seat module any ideas where to look first .the water is clean wondering if it could be from screen wash bottle because i keep losing washer fluid over couple of days .are the screen washer tubes routed inside the car ?
any help please

Hi,
If your water was screen wash water, with possible additives, then a sample on a piece of white kitchen roll would identify the mix, with probably a blue residue as most screenwash mixes appear to be blue. alternatively just sniff, does it have a screen wash odour to it.
I do not know where the screen washer pipes are routed, but I would not think that they are inside the car.
A probable cause might be a leaking screen, or blocked drainpipes from the scuttle area (not Fred ! ).
Generally, in my experience to trace an ingress of water, its all carpets and sound deadening out, some newspaper on the floor, then hose the front of the car and look for the damp spots.
A small assistant in the front with a torch can be useful.
I would also probably remove the passenger inner wing plastic liner and see if there is a big accumulation of muck inside that area.
Having said that, you might find time to remove the washer containerand see if it is leaking.
Is it a wagon or a saloon you have ? ..........
What I can tell you is that on the wagon, there is a rear washer feed pipe with a joint component, just inside the front part of the removable panel on the drivers side at the back. This is a common leak spot. i cured mine by just drying off the pipe and supergluing it.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom