Help with Becker Pilot needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercAMG

Car
C250 CGI Petrol AMG Sport Plus Wagon
I have a 2015 Becker pilot map, i plugged into the content manager on my laptop to see if there was any updates , sure enough there was.

First of all it backed up onto a folder on my laptop, then went into update, it stated to hit the reset button on the unit , i waited and waited and nothing, plugged into the car and it just loops in the Becker pilot spash screen.

If i plug it into content manager it sees the unit and if i select to restore from the folder where the backup is it states

" RESTORE NOT POSSIBLE , SELECTED BACKUP DOES NOT MATCH WITH DEVICE!

SO i think its caught between the firmware update, i can see a "sync" option with the new firmware if i select that it gets to 8% and cancels itself.

Has anyone got any ideas please , or is it a dead donkey ?

cheers

Another member here stated that he had a similar issue, unit became unresponsive after reset, and Becker replaced the unit with a new one FOC even though it was long out of warranty.

I suggest that you try and log a support call with them and see how it goes.

Reactions: 219
Also, double-check that you are trying to upload the correct firmware file for the model - there are several variants. .

Reactions: 219
thanks, the firmware update was what the content manager offering there was only one, everything was going fine then after the reset , it went belly up !!

After looking on the web there does seem a lot of issues with these things.

a call to Becker Tuesday seems the way to go now then.

This seems to be becoming a bit too common recently. Must be the 4th example in the last month or so.

What version of the module do you have, might be worth seeing if there is a trend.

Device types: 9077, M013, M041, M045, M046, M050 and M051 then firmware is v2.5.27
Harman Becker Shop

Newer device types: M054, M075, M076, M083, M084, M085, M092 and M097 then latest firmware is 3.0.18
Harman Becker Shop

cheers Stu,
the unit is a MO54, and has updated the firmware to 3.0.18, as stated when i plug it into content manager, however there are no maps and it just loops when in the car on screen.

I called becker this am and was told to " email us via the website, and someone should get back to you within 48hrs"

I am somewhat doubtful this will happen within 48hrs, but fingers crossed.

i also note i am now unable to to place any files onto the becker via windows explorer, the new firmware seems to have altered the internal drive structure and protected it / locked it out even ?

Its quite frustrating as i only followed what was told to during the update process, now its rendered useless, i hope i dont have an expensive 3x3 lump of plastic now.....

Fingers crossed. At least one other member successfully had them swap theirs out.

Certainly not touching mine at the moment. Not that I use it as I have an Android screen now and use Waze and Google Maps.

i have read online that one person was told by Becker after updating his pilot map,

" sorry sir but your old maps are not compatible with the new firmware update you now have, so you will need to purchase the new maps at a cost of £90 "

I hope this is not the case as at no point was i warned that if i updated to the newer firmware that i would also BE FORCED to purchase the new maps.
Surely you need to be told of this before selecting update firmware ? and have the option to stay on older firmware and keep maps ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom