Help with car kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
I have a car kit, with this module thingy that replaces the speaker and directs the sound through the sterep speakers. How do i wire this thing in?

One other point, is there a way to wire the car kit to a stereo without telephone mute.

Regards

Tan

When you say a module ? do you mean the MB Console ? or a dashmount cable to provide power and speaker output to the "brain" module of the phone ?

If its the latter, then this should just plug in between your car stereo, and the ISO Connectors.

What phone is it ?

As far as I know, if your stereo does not have a pin on its ISO connector / wiring loom for Telephone Mute, then you will have to turn the volume down manually when your phone rings :( What stereo is it ? Perhaps somebody knows.

S.

The block thingy is made by Nokia, the whole thing was fitted originally by Carphonewarehouse and was connected to a kenwood head unit with telephone mute. When i took it out i cant remember what i did.

I have just read on one site that the blue and red wires should be joined together ie the perm live and the ignition live but it does not go onto say which wire you use for the power ie. ignition live or permanant live:confused:

One this is sorted i will connect the yellow to the phone mute on an old panasonic head unit i have and see what happens.

OK - you just mean the phone brain unit.

Basically, with that on its own, you will only be able to output to one speaker directly - it has a speaker socket that outputs from the brain unit separately that is wired +ve & -ve. So choose your speaker, and you will have to wire into the appropriate pins on the ISO connector.

(I have a spare original nokia car kit speaker if you need one, with the correct plug for the brain unit)

As for power, the ignition sense feature does not seem to make much difference. So the Red wire goes to a permanent live, and the ignition sense wire (blue) to an ignition sensing source, if you can find one. Mine is on all the time regardless, but doesn't drain the battery unless the phone is in the cradle.

S.

Thanks mate

I think i get it know. i gina have a go at wiring it up if the block thingy doesn't work i mite be after that nokia speaker....

Wish me luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom