Help with choosing alloys 2017 C63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8CXG

Car
C63S W205
Hi all, first time posting here.

I have just bought a 2017 C63s Convertible and I will be picking up some alloys for it. I have found a set that I really like but I am not sure if it will cause any issues such as rubbing.

My current alloys are 19" all around, standard suspension.

I am looking to buy a set of 20" alloys
Sizes are
9J X 20" 5X112 ET38
10.5J X 20" 5X112 ET40

The tires fitted are (front 245 30 20 and rear 295 30 20)

Would these work on my car or would it rub?

I have attached a photo of the current wheels on the car.

Attachments

• 20201124_122827.jpg
    20201124_122827.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum:thumb:
The link below shows all the OE wheels that fit your car and the recommended tyre sizes.
Take a look at the offsets and I think you'll see the front ones you are considering may be too close to the suspension strut and the rears too close to the wheel arch.
As you probably know, the higher the ET above the recommended the closer it is to the hub.

Welcome to the forum:thumb:
The link below shows all the OE wheels that fit your car and the recommended tyre sizes.
Take a look at the offsets and I think you'll see the front ones you are considering may be too close to the suspension strut and the rears too close to the wheel arch.
As you probably know, the higher the ET above the recommended the closer it is to the hub.

Hi mate, thank you for your quick reply. Do you know what the recommended offsets are for my car?

Also, I can have these test fitted but would I be able to see if theyll rub or do i actually need to drive it?

The recommended offsets are in that link I posted above. Just click on a wheel, and the ET's and tyre sizes are printed.
If you can test fit them it should give you a good idea whether they will rub or not. Look inside at how close the tyre is to the suspension strut and to the outside wheel arch. Bear in mind the tyres may flex a little on hard cornering.

From the link, these are the recommended ET's
Front Wheels: 9Jx19 ET25
Rear Wheels: 10.5Jx20 ET57

The recommended offsets are in that link I posted above. Just click on a wheel, and the ET's and tyre sizes are printed.
If you can test fit them it should give you a good idea whether they will rub or not. Look inside at how close the tyre is to the suspension strut and to the outside wheel arch. Bear in mind the tyres may flex a little on hard cornering.

Thank you for the info!

Will test fit them and see how much space it leaves. Hopefully they will fit..

I have just found out that the wheels were actually custom made so offsets are 25 for the front and 45 for rear.

Do you think that would work?

I have just found out that the wheels were actually custom made so offsets are 25 for the front and 45 for rear.

Do you think that would work?

That is a lot different to the ET's in your original post:D
Those dimensions should fit the car nicely. Be aware the rears will be 12mm closer to the wheel arch.
I'll leave you to decide if the rears will rub. I can only guess.
Luckily you have the option of test fitting them.

That is a lot different to the ET's in your original post:D
Those dimensions should fit the car nicely. Be aware the rears will be 12mm closer to the wheel arch.
I'll leave you to decide if the rears will rub. I can only guess.
Luckily you have the option of test fitting them.
The initials ET's were what I got online but after speaking to the seller I was informed that they were custom made for him so the ET's differred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom