Help with CLS350 2010 Abnormal Front Tyre Wear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SIMONCLS

Car
Mercedes CLS
Hi I have just joined this group for some help having recently purchased my first Mercedes (a 2010 reg diesel 350CLS). I purchased my vehicle from Mercedes Benz Wakefield in March 2015. All was fine until about April when a noise that can only be described as blowing into a milk bottle began to occur at speeds above 30 / 40. I should have got the car back to the dealer more quickly however due to work commitments I continued to drive the car. In May about 3k into a new set of tyres the inner tyre wall on both the front tyres had worn down to the metal thread (the remaining tyre was like new)? To cut a long story short went into Merc , new set of tyres fitted whistle noise vanished and tracking blamed however 1k miles into new tyres and I hear the whistle noise again, checked the tyres and again abnormal wear appearing on the inner walls??. I would like some feedback if anyone else has encountered the same before it goes back to MB again on 20.08.15? Appreciate any advise so I do not get fobbed off from the dealer telling me it is tracking again??? I hardly use the car, have not hit any pot holes or pavements etc etc, I drive it like miss daisy.... Car is still in warranty until 2016 however I had to pay for tyres which I cant afford to keep paying for every 2 - 3k miles!. Thanks again, appreciate any advise.

They haven't done their job properly and owe you two new tyres an apology
for potentially endangering your life and no charge to remedy the fault.

They haven't done their job properly and owe you two new tyres an apology
for potentially endangering your life and no charge to remedy the fault.

I think it is negative camber that is causing it. I ve spent a whole evening looking into this. Appears to be a common problem, lots of people have posted about the same problem. I think some new tyres is the least they can do as compensation....I don't understand how MB techs could possibly have not come to this conclusion....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom