Help with codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieChops

Car
C180 KOMPRESSOR
Hi every one - Happy New Year to you all.

Last year I bought a second hand C180 Kompressor saloon auto.

I had previously been on the forum as the engine management light came on and the advice was to get MB dealership which I did and the mechanics couldn't find any issues cleared the codes and they went away. Any way the light has come on again and my new next door neighbour is an ex mechanic and put his code reader on and it gave me these:

P200B B6/1 Camshaft Hall Sensor
P201A misfire detected
P201B misfire detected
P2054 Camshaft Adjuster

Is anyone familiar with these issues?

After clearing the codes and driving round for an hour or so today (so far) the light has not come back on.

Any advice would be gratefully received - thank you.

It sounds very much like an issue with the timing chain/ gears.
It's an extremely common fault

DO NOT DRIVE IT... get it to a garage to measure the chain/tension If you drive it to much eventually you are going to write the engine off!

CharlieChops said:
previously been on the forum... and the advice was to get MB dealership

I don't think anyone would've advised taking it to a dealership they are useless

Thanks for the responses.

Is this an expensive job. The car was fitted with a new timing chain when I bought it.

Thanks.

Where are you located
A local indy maybe recommended......

If no bent valves and such it may not be to expensive to fix. The more you drive it the higher the risk of more damage and a complete top end engine refurb will be!

Who fitted the Chain? Probably done incorrectly or the srockets have worn and they didn't change them.

Just to let you all know, I took it to a local garage who identified the spark plugs were badly corroded and one of them was a different from the rest. Changed the plugs, Reset and nothing has reappeared and EMS light has stayed off. So far...

Thank you all for your replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom