Help with disappointing Dyno results - E55k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mat B

Car
E55 EC800
Hi all

I had my w211 E55 on the rolling today and very disappointed with the results it achieved with the modifications i have had done.
Ive no idea what the figures and shape of the graph really show. And ive read lots about ambient and intake temps effecting but this just over my head.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The car has an exhaust x pipe, smaller supercharger pulley, K&N filters, Johnson intercooler pump and remap. And for what its worth had a D service 300 miles ago.
All seems to be running fine and smoothly with the car. So i'm at a loss as to why it would achieve this low result to what i was believed i should be achieving.
Can anyone advise what i should look into or perhaps change

many thanks

I cant seem to read the graph as its too small.

Just to help out, which dyno was it run on ?

Matt

Loosing 168hp through the transmission is a bit extreme.....!!!!

Not sure if this is the make is says

Maschinenbau Haldenwang and MAHA

it was at Marlin Motor Engineers in Milton Keynes

I forgot to put in the original post i did put the car in 'dyno mode'

Intake air temperature 70c ??

Think it starts to retard timing at 35c, jump in someone if i am wrong.

might be worth getting it on a decent dyno, wheel power looks low, then corrected power look high, way out

It was stupidly hot and in there i had to keep going outside to cool down in the rain and also there was no break between runs.
I used this place as it comes up a lot in search engines and forums having dyno days.

Where would people suggest to try? And does that mean my cars potentially more or less power that stated?

I can recommend S2 Smarts - 01923 771222

Unit 2 Vale Industrial Park,
Tolpits Lane, Watford,
WD18 9QP

Very Accurate dyno and knowledgeable operator

Am sure from 35c the ecu starts to pull timing eventually dumping fuel to cool down pistons until sc disengages to safegaurd engine, 70 seems very high.

If the intake temps are that that high then you need an alloy charge cooler and possibly some additional cooling equipment.

It was stupidly hot and in there i had to keep going outside to cool down in the rain and also there was no break between runs.

That could well be your problem if you were on the dyno in this kind of heat.
Suggest you take it to another dyno where they know what they are doing, 500bhp supercharger and hot air not a great mix.

what mods have you had done?

Basic 'stage 1'

exhaust x pipe, smaller supercharger pulley, K&N filters, Johnson intercooler pump and a remap

As posted previously those Intake temps are way to high and the transmission loss looks extreme. General rule of thumb for tuners on a dyno is 15% transmission loss but in reality it usually lies in the 20%-25% region on rear wheel drive Auto's cant read the graph on my smartphone so will look in detail later.

As posted previously those Intake temps are way to high and the transmission loss looks extreme. General rule of thumb for tuners on a dyno is 15% transmission loss but in reality it usually lies in the 20%-25% region on rear wheel drive Auto's cant read the graph on my smartphone so will look in detail later.

the transmission loss is 37%; 450bhp to 282

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom