Help with finding some new wheels please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craigo

Car
CLK 240

Could someone please help me finding some new 19" wheels ? :)

I ordered a new set Friday and had them fitted today. Except they didn't fit !
They were 8.5 et 42. Front wheel touched the shock !

Got 4 new continental tyres sitting in the garage awaiting my return to be fitted asap..

The fitted wheels are to far gone for a refurb really :-(

Craig

Ie,

£700 tops I'll pay... Already shelled out £700 on tyres :)

Ummm. Lots of views but no replies :-(

Is what I'm looking for not out there ?

^ The second advert looks a steal. They look suspiciously like CLS55AMG rims, so £360 with tyres is a bargain if they are for real.
I'd be on the phone to find out what ET they are. Even with carriage, they are a bargain.

Yes I agree you can get a set of wheels delivered to mainland for around 35 quid so yes good price for some reason the car scene has people putting merc wheels etc on vauxhalls ive even seen a golf with landrover wheels fitted

i would of thought those CLS alloys in the advert you posted would be tooooo wide front and back.

link to some genuine MB alloys that fit CLK 209 to give you an idea
Mercedes CLK Class Alloys (209) - Alloy Wheels Direct

also this link for cheap second hand alloys
Used Mercedes Alloy Wheels | Cheap Merceded Alloy Wheels | Second Hand Mercedes Wheels

for £700 you will be looking at reps or second hand alloys
wheelbase and rim style have lots of alloys that will fit in your budget. You can select your make model on the website.

As stated there is a sticky thead on alloys on this forum

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/whee...read-first-offset-fitment-answers-within.html

^ The second advert looks a steal. They look suspiciously like CLS55AMG rims, so £360 with tyres is a bargain if they are for real.
I'd be on the phone to find out what ET they are. Even with carriage, they are a bargain.

i like those alloys...i think they were available on the AMG pack for all CLS models as well. Probably to wide for CLK.

Yes I agree you can get a set of wheels delivered to mainland for around 35 quid so yes good price for some reason the car scene has people putting merc wheels etc on vauxhalls ive even seen a golf with landrover wheels fitted

i keep seeing cars with massive bentleys alloys on them

bentleywheels.jpg.html

http://s190.photobucket.com/user/sk8mafiask8er/media/bentleywheels.jpg.html

i like those alloys...i think they were available on the AMG pack for all CLS models as well. Probably to wide for CLK.

I'll give this guy a call later in the morning, see what size they are..

The 19" wheels on my car at the moment are ET 35 9" wide front and back. Tyres fitted are front 235-35-19. Back 255-35-19. Fit great, no issues.

The 19" wheels on my car at the moment are ET 35 9" wide front and back. Tyres fitted are front 235-35-19. Back 255-35-19. Fit great, no issues.

The width of the front wheel is the problem. Swap it for an 8" rim of the same design and et35 (which most aftermarket wheels seem to come in) and it won't foul on your suspension. I suspect 9" was at/over the limit for fitting your 235 tyres to, if you look at tyre manufacturers data.

The width of the front wheel is the problem. Swap it for an 8" rim of the same design and et35 (which most aftermarket wheels seem to come in) and it won't foul on your suspension. I suspect 9" was at/over the limit for fitting your 235 tyres to, if you look at tyre manufacturers data.

Thanks for that...

Jees I'm struggling to find something 19 inch. With more thinking I really don't fancy some crappy aftermarket wheels :fail I think.
So, used 18 " AMG wheels might be easier to find.. .?

Giantvanman said:
This site is good for finding oem wheels of the correct sizes; just enter your model/year etc Alloy Wheels Direct - Buy Alloys, Wheels and Tyres

See alloys available on this site , bolt pattern and offsets , for your model then compare to what you're looking at for correct fitment .

Ones you're looking at will require custom bolts aside from whether they're the correct offsets or not !

Guy is working overseas and can't send them out in the near future :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom