Help with fuel pipe size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndySmith

Car
C200
Hi.

I have an S202 C200 estate of 1997 vintage. I am currently in Hungary, and have a problem with it. There is a strong smell of fuel when the tank is fuel, and upon investigation, it seems the fuel tank breather pipe is a bit perished and is leaking fuel when I have brimmed the tank full of fuel. I don't have any of my usual tools to be able to measure what size pipe this is, would anyone have access to plans or parts lists that could tell me what the internal dimension of this pipe is so that I can try to get a replacement? I hope you can see a picture I have attached to the thread. Ideally, I'd like to fix this before heading back across Europe.

Thanks in advance

A

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 13
MERCEDES C 200 [202.080]: 47 FUEL SYSTEM will get you exploded drawings and part numbers but dimensions are rarely listed

If you don't want to/can't find somewhere helpful enough to work out the right size of hose to sell you then could wrap a piece of tape around the hard line, cut it off carefully to give you the circumference and work out the diameter from that. Obviously you'll need a couple of jubilee clips too unless you have some suitable pliers for dealing with the clic-r clips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom