Help with Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi Guys,

I only have a single garage which accomodates the SEC at home.

however the SL has to slum it in a carcoon and the W123 is exposed to the element.

An extra garage is well overdue. We have over half an acre in the garden so no problem in terms of space.

i initially looked at

http://www.comptonbuildings.co.uk/

if im doing this, im doing it once and I have plans to buy more classic MB's in the future. So I need four spaces.

I looked at two double apex compton Garages... works out around 11K plus I have to pay 2.5k for a decent base. Plus electrics, plus driveway to the buildings.

then at random i came across

http://www.juwelonline.com/?gclid=COG7qcyR5ZUCFQpzHgodyGYUfA

Now these are german pre fab... they dont need a proper foundation. Just two concrete strips on which to rest.
They get delivered and installed within a day.
They are cast out in one and have no joins or seams. They are basically a concrete block with a door.
They come finished in render to match the house and are completey maintenance free.
Cost is a little more over the compton one.

Another advantage is that we can have through space inside, dont have to have a dividing wall between the double garages.
So security is great, save the cost of foundation, zero maintenance... the only negative is that they look a little bland.

Council say neither of these require planning as they are far enough away from main house and are not permanent.

I never intended to spend this much. I was initially just going to get another carcoon...

Anyway, does anyone have any other ideas... I didnt want to spend as much as what this german build would cost but it really does looks a good bit of kit.

Thanks

Jay

Timber will always be preferable to brick for car storage.

Problem is I would need two of those oak garages and they work out to 22K plus base work, doors & electrics.

Also Ivve heard too many stories of fires with wooden buildings... only takes a spiteful person and all of my most valuable possessions would be gone in an instant.

Problem is I would need two of those oak garages and they work out to 22K plus base work, doors & electrics.

Also Ivve heard too many stories of fires with wooden buildings... only takes a spiteful person and all of my most valuable possessions would be gone in an instant.

So where would your wife be then? :devil: :bannana: :bannana:

Most woods are treated to meet Fire regs in the build now, would'nt matter if it was brick built if someone wanted to target the building.. how about at some point putting in a sprinkler system?

Another way to go is to consult a few local builders and architechts and get quotes for the work you want done and see how that compares with your own research.

I just cant be doing with builders, brickies, carpenters etc and trying to coordinate them all..
The cost of this would have been around 10K more... also would have to get planning.

these flat pack options just seem much better..

I am having a quad garage, 46' x 26' with four electric doors and a few other extras..

room for fleet expansion ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom