Help with ICE amplifier installation - where to put the damn things?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
Hi all - I have two Alpine amps to go into the car. Its a 1999 E55 AMG. The smaller amp is 2 channel, the larger is a V12 4-channel. They are both mounted on boards at the moment with the cables disappearing behind the boards so it's nice & neat.

I'm wanting ideas from people who've mounted amps in the car already because I just can't see an ideal spot to mount them.
In the boot all the panels are carpet material covered cardboard. Usually in other cars I've had the front-most parition has been a metal frame or the seat back but of course in the E55 there's the carpet material between the boot space and the petrol tank right behind the rear seats.

I thought about doing something with the spare wheel well cover (making an MDF board to mount the amps underneath) but I don't think there is the space etc. for that.

So, please if you've done this before can you help?

Thanks.

Amp rack attached to the shelf above. False floor thats hinged to allow access to the spare wheel. Or you could have one amp each side of the boot. Auto Acoustic make amp boxes to go in the side of the boot, or you can make your own. Auto Acoustics Amp-BoXz

Best checking out car audio forums for ideas like talkaudio.co.uk

Last edited:
'Amp rack attached to the shelf above' sounds like a good idea. The amps might run too hot if there in a small space between the spare and the floor. Some people put them under the seats but it involves a lot of extra wiring.

'Amp rack attached to the shelf above' sounds like a good idea. The amps might run too hot if there in a small space between the spare and the floor. Some people put them under the seats but it involves a lot of extra wiring.
gets my vote :thumb:, with a neat bit of wiring would keep them well out of the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom