Help with my CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikey1984

Car
CLK220 CDi W209
Hello folks, bit of advice needed, I have 2005 55 plate CLK 220 CDI, is it a w209 or a C209?! Also is it the 130bhp or 150?! How do I find these things out? Info needed for an alternator replacement. Any advice would be great!

The mongs call them W209 but the correct Mercedes code is C209 - W is for Wagons

p.s. I've called them W209's 'cos I was ignorant :D

lol thanks, without sounding stupid, is there any difference in them? Or are they all the same? How would I go about finding out what bhp it has, only parts may be different depending on which it is

Put your Vin # into THIS website to get your full datacard.

17digits and letters with no spaces.

Thanks mate, I've done that and it finds the car but no info is given on bhp that I can see

I'm convinced it's the 150 version but need to be sure as service parts are different to the 130 model

According to Wikipedia (which admittedly is not the definitive answer) it's 148bhp or 150PS. - There's no 130bhp option listed.

I thought if you've got a cabriolet, it's an A209 (C209 is the coupe).

The mongs call them W209 but the correct Mercedes code is C209 - W is for Wagons

p.s. I've called them W209's 'cos I was ignorant :D

I thought the W209 came from the VIN numbers that start with W, as in WDB209************.
Anyway, 150PS was the version imported into the UK back June 2005 when the first 220CDi's were sold as CLK's.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom