Help with Parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

o2drive

Car
E320 CDI
Hi all I've seen an answer somewhere on here to my problem but can't find it again.

My problem is as follows, when it rains or has been raining (or after washing the car) when I move away all is fine. After applying the brakes all the water rushes off the bonnet and then I get 4 red leds and audible beep constantly from the Parktronic.This does stop eventually when the car has been driven for a while or dries out. :dk:
Is there a way to stop the sensors getting wet to prevent this happening or have I got a more serious fault. Majority of the time everything is fine. :confused:

I would suggest you have a faulty sensor, susceptible to water ingress.

They are normally weatherproof (consider what they face when behind traffic in heavy rain for example).

The quickest way to determine is to get the car hooked up to STAR (MB diagnostics) at an indie, or a main dealer (which will cost more).

MB parking sensors are notorious for not working in the presence of H2O.

A quick search on here will reveal all.

Pathetic really.

Not that notorious, I've been on this forum 12 months and have never heard of parking sensors being dodgy.:confused:

OK I'll pop down to PCS and see what's what

Well went to see Ollie at PCS I may have a faulty sensor so I'll just see how it goes Thanks again to Ollie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom