Help with Poorly C220 CDI please, with Pics & codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

muzbaz

Car
C-Class Estate
Hello, I am hoping to find some help here regarding some issues with my 05 C220 CDI.
I have found that if I drive below 60mph all seems well, once I break the 60mph mark the car will go into limp mode, up to 60mph she will rev through 3000rpm as normal.
I have NO eml light when this happens and when I stop and restart all is reset and power is back.
Now,,,, I have codes!! But they are no good unless there is someone that can tell you where they are
pointing to what may be causing the trouble, I have them in pic form too so I will upload them too.
The other visual things I get are.
When revved hard I will sometimes get a red battery/alternator light saying visit workshop, this clears after restarting, the battery has been tested and is good and alternator tested under load and it is giving a good charge, (tested by a garage and by RAC).
The other visual warnings I get are,, When I start I get a message in white saying ESP unavailable consult manual, if I turn full left it stays like this, if I turn full right it switches to ESP failure visit work shop.
One of the codes points to “check system exhaust recirculation control. The air mass is too large”
The garage suggested the EGR valve needed cleaning/checking, this was done by the garage AND by RAC but the problem AND the same codes appear.
If anyone can help with pointing me in the right direction I would be hugely grateful, the pointer that resolves the problem,, will get a drink on me!! :)
Thanks for reading my post

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 109
  • reduced02.jpg
    reduced02.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 106
your in the hertfordshire area contact willow32 on here he is a fantastic indie and will put your car on the star diagnostics machine. Alternatively here is his number his name is andy tell him Niket with the CLS sent you and he will look after you.

Andy - 07595388188

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom