help with rear head rests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ypkx

Car
w202 c180
Hello!

as most of you know, im the new owner of a p reg c180 :) happy chap me, and as bigger ego i have, i have shown off the car (pretty decent at my age!)

me and a close mate realised that there is a button on my center console for the rear headrests, we can hear the motor but they wont move? I guess its a catch for it to lay backwards right?
Is mine faulty? or am i doing something wrong? will I be able to get this fixed and where to?

Hi,
When you operate the switch on the centre console you need to hold the switch for a good second or two to operate the rear headrests, as they have a "shut of delay".
The system is fed by fuse 23 IIRC, and connected to the engine vacuum via a pipe, which IIRC can be seen coming out of the interior cabin on the drivers side, by the fuse box under the bonnet.
This pipe goes directly to the electrically operated solenoids on the headrests (if you look under your parcel shelf in the boot you should be able to see the pipe/solenoids) you could also check this pipe for integrity.
I have got a diagram of this system if you want it drop me a PM with your e-mail and ill forward it to you if you get stuck.

Last edited:
yes please on the diagram!

[email protected]

Thanks!

I have held it in a couple seconds, unless im not doing it correctly.

E-mail sent
You can Edit your E-mail address out if you wanted.

thanks mate!

and without me starting a new thread..

ive been getting a high pitched squeak or grinding noise when moving from 2nd gear to 3rd gear in high end revs 2.5k+
Sounds like the clutch plate is slightly out, but im no mechanic so would anyone be able to tell me what this is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom