Help with replacement wheel offsets on a W166 ML

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Thinking of replacing the alloys on my W166 ML. I think the existing allows have an offset of 59 but all the alloys i have seen online, that i like, have offsets between 30 and 45. Has anyone any experience with aftermarket alloys on an ML? An online tool i have been using raises a caution warning on offsets less than 43.

thanks

Thats a huge offset u got! But usually with aftermarket wheels you don't need to be worried if the offset is less than the original. The worrying thing would be the oposite cause you'd risk on destroying your suspension and tyre due to a possible scrubbing of the tyre against them.
So lesser offset means that the wheel will be sitting further out. You only have to make sure it won't stick too much out ,looking like pimp my ride cadillac.

I could be wrong on the offset, i have the AMG Sport 19" alloys. I have also found online an offset quoted of 56 so one or the other could be correct.

Yo was good UK finished replacing the control arm and and all 4 springs and shocks also added a camber link to adjust the stagg stand. Any1 know why inner rim rubs on control arm when i make a left U-turn???? PS. It wasnt hard but having limited tools SUCKS ASS!!! Ok well hope to get feed back

Hi I have aftermarket 22inch on my ML with 285/35/22 tyres
and have no issues with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom