Help with Service Assyst Plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adrianlobont

Car
E-Class 350 CDI Sport Edition 265 Bhp
Hi,
I'm the owner of a MB E350 Sport/265 BHP, CDI Coupe, 2012 model...
The problem I have is that my MB was showing a week ago that I'm do for a B service in 230 days, after a few days it was showing that I'm do for service B3 in 13500 miles, today that service is due in 260 days and later on today the name of the service changed to BF and is due in 260 days.
Any one experienced this ???

Please Help !!!

This is determined by an oil quality sensor. Nothing unusual

Not all cars have that.

On lower models this is simply computer guesswork based on accumulation of data such as number of engines starts, coolant temp while running, etc, but without any physical indications as to the actuall condition of the oil or filter.

Also... the oil quality filter seems to measure the electrical conductivity of the oil, although I never quite worked-out why how this is related to oil quality. Water content? Metal particles?

Last edited:
If so, when the service is really due ?
The smart ar$e answer is "in a few months".

A more helpful answer is that it is based on time and distance, in the case of this car 15,500 miles or 12 months from the previous service. If the cumulative mileage covered since the last service suggests that you will hit the 12 months limit before the mileage limit, then it will report a number of days to the next service; if it's the other way around (i.e. you'll hit 15,500 miles before the year's up), then it reports a number of miles to the next service.

If your use pattern is intermittent but hovers around the number of miles / number of days crossover point as does mine, if I go on holiday and leave the car unused for a couple of weeks, then the display will flip from mileage based before I go on holiday to time based immediately on my return, and then back to mileage based after another few days of use.

The smart ar$e answer is "in a few months".

A more helpful answer is that it is based on time and distance, in the case of this car 15,500 miles or 12 months from the previous service. If the cumulative mileage covered since the last service suggests that you will hit the 12 months limit before the mileage limit, then it will report a number of days to the next service; if it's the other way around (i.e. you'll hit 15,500 miles before the year's up), then it reports a number of miles to the next service.

If your use pattern is intermittent but hovers around the number of miles / number of days crossover point as does mine, if I go on holiday and leave the car unused for a couple of weeks, then the display will flip from mileage based before I go on holiday to time based immediately on my return, and then back to mileage based after another few days of use.
So what is Service BF?

It's a "B" service, and the second character indicates the expected "extra items" that will be required.

If you enter your car's details in to the Mercedes-Benz Electronic Service Sheet it will give you a more definitive view of the service work due, including any extra items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom