help with sidelights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mick7664

Car
clk 320
Hi just bought a clk320 as a running project and always liked the coupes so couldn't resist this.However when getting car home and checking everything out (I know it should have been done before) I found out that the sidelights don't work,bulbs look fine,the lights have been converted to hid could this be the problem,all other lights work fine,any info would be great cheers mick7664

If W208 then should be same as w210 where the main harness powers the side and main lights, only the indicator has a separate connector. In wiring the HIDs I would say the sidelights have been disconnected and missed out. This will most likely be the same if it's a w209. Did the car originally have standard or xenon lights? If standard, your lighting is incorrect and many will tell you it is blinding to oncoming traffic. Should also fail an MOT in most cases

Thanks will take a looktoday to see if they are disconnected also don't think they were standard but passed mot last year with them done ill see what my mot station says cheers keep you updated

Also check for voltage at the actual bulb connector. My C55 had the front (only the fronts) not working. Turned out to be a new front SAM (ouch)

update put new led lights in one worked other side didn't ,found out resistor wire faulty ordered new one from Mercedes Bolton 11.16 inc vat part number a2108260582 post Wednesday to let you know if it works

Finally got round to fitting new bulb holder bit of a pain should have taken light out for easier access now have two working sidelights,inspected old holder just a resistor soldered into wire I will take to local electrical store to identify resistor then knock a spare one up.

Finally got round to fitting new bulb holder bit of a pain should have taken light out for easier access now have two working sidelights,inspected old holder just a resistor soldered into wire I will take to local electrical store to identify resistor then knock a spare one up.

You might be able to identify from the resistor colour code.

Attachments

• resistor-color-code-all.gif
    resistor-color-code-all.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
cheers will clean it up and check colour of resistor .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom