Help with Viseeo MB 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James B

Car
W123 estate 1980
I bought the above gadget mainly to enable using my iphone via bluetooth through the car's phone functions but cannot get it to pair.

I've been in contact with the factory in Taiwan and they have been very helpful. We've been through a few things but to no avail. These include disconnecting the battery, and turning off the phone book sync. The car audio appears fine.

Their last suggestion is that it is a problem with the car, and to test the unit on another similar car. So, barring any other ideas anyone has, I'm here to ask if there is anyone local-ish to me - I'm in Hove, East Sussex - that I can visit to check this.

Our car is a 55 plate C Class with the phone set up with connector in the armrest, but not the sat nav type. I believe it's call Audio 20?

Any help, or allowing 10 minutes with another car to check would be much appreciated.

Perhaps the ViseeO needs a software/firmware update? Try giving the guys at Comand a call. They are ViseeO/MB experts.

I could I know, but as I didn't buy it from them I am a little reluctant to bother them. I've always thought that approach is a bit cheeky.

If they are on here perhaps they may want to advise?

When you search for available bluetooth devices on your phone, does the Viseeo show as available on your phone?

Yes, and my iphone is happy to pair with it.

Points at the fault being in the car again right?

Viseeo units can be fussy about pairing with certain types of phone. Firstly make sure the software dip switches are in the correct position. (Under the rubber bung on the bottom of the Viseeo unit) If they are it wouldn't hurt to try them in the other settings to see if it works. Secondly borrow another phone to see if that pairs with it. Maybe a firmware update is needed if the unit is out of date. Call or e-mail Comandonline. They are forum sponsors and very helpful nice guys.

I've tried the dipswitch thing at the suggestion of the factory guys, but will check again.

The unit pairs with both mine and my wife's iphone.

So, I shall contact Comand, or see if anyone wants to let me test on their car. Anyone Sussex / south coast up for letting me try on a similar spec car? Should only take 10 mins...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom