Help with Warranty needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Campoos90

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi AMG coupe
Hello everyone

Last weekend I went to carry the service of my w204 in the MB dealership and they found that the turbo intercooler pipe was completely blown up.

The AA warranty said that they two things.

1. They do not cover pipes or hoses...
2. IMPORTANT*** ' The dealer cancelled the warranty the day I received the policy number. Basically I have been running out of warranty for 4 months. When I paid 250 pounds for 3 months warranty...

I am seeking for help with regards a few things

a. Can this intercooler hose be considered part of the turbo and not a single pipe?
b. What should I do with the dealership? Should I reported to the trading standards? What is the procedure to follow in this particular case?
c. Has anyone been in the same situation before?

To be honest I feel really disappointed about the fact that they have stolen my warranty money...

I thank you in advance for your help

Campoos90

:(:mad::wallbash:

It's a shame but I can't see how the pipe could be classed as part of the turbo. I have an MB Tier 1 warranty and that doesn't cover 'non metallic' pipes. Did the dealer knowingly cancel the policy after taking your money?

It's a shame but I can't see how the pipe could be classed as part of the turbo. I have an MB Tier 1 warranty and that doesn't cover 'non metallic' pipes. Did the dealer knowingly cancel the policy after taking your money?

Alright... thank you Abcan

Yes, I have been talking with the AA warranty today and they said that the dealer cancelled it...

I have spoken with the dealer, but they have not come back to me. In fact they were a bit reluctant talking to me after I called them back for an update...

This is the last email I sent to them

¨The car wen into the MB dealership the 8 Sept 2017. I have all the invoices that i can send over to you as soon as I get home this evening.

With regards the warranty, I am afraid that I have paid for something that I have never received... As discussed before, the warranty should have started the 24th of May, but according AA Warranty, it was cancelled the 23rd...

What's the plan now?¨

:dk:

Seems very dodgy to me. Worth pursuing to get a refund on the warranty that MIGHT cover the cost of the new hose.

Good luck.

But the warranty which didn't cover your fault would have expired anyway?

Still sounds like questionable dealer practice though, if not outright fraud.

Warranty started May.
Went in for Service repair September.
You paid £250 for 3 months warranty.

So your warranty would of run out before the service.

If it's AA Breakdown Repair Cover you have a Patrol must attend first before any repair.

Claim the money back if you've not had the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom