Help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulhick

Car
C250 amg premium sports plus
Seats have come out in some form of rash. Any idea what it is and why I can do to sop it happening again?74B9DAF3-6C51-4861-95F4-3BB3FCC8AB43.jpeg271BE8BC-ACE2-4093-81C6-B0D5F49BC5F5.jpeg

I saw something on youtube about this or read it on another thread, it said about mb replacing them its something in the seats, it did say it can go away, can't remember much more check the threads and u tube. what year is it and do u have full mb history?

Looks like water or dampness staining.
Not sure how to remove it, try a damp cloth first then a leather balm.
Hope you get it sorted.

If I recall from the C204 coupe we had, that part of the seat is not leather it’s ’dinamica’ which is a version of Alcantara. Not convinced that applying leather balm type products is a good idea as it is a fabric.

Last edited:
Didn’t realise it was alcantara, no, don’t use leather balm.

Thanks folks. It’s a 2014 c250 with full mbsh. Is it worth getting onto them or is it too late and I need to live with it?
It was treated with guardx when I bought it so could this be the problem?

Thanks folks. It’s a 2014 c250 with full mbsh. Is it worth getting onto them or is it too late and I need to live with it?
It was treated with guardx when I bought it so could this be the problem?
From the seats, it looks to me like you have a W204 coupe (C204) as in the attachment. How long have you had the car? It’s clearly out of the original warranty, but might be worth getting a view from the dealership. If it was mine, I would get some proper cleaning fluid for Alcantara/Dinamica and have a go at cleaning it before talking to the dealership.

Attachments

• BFAD11F7-F966-4498-A0F9-400B2CFBB4EC.jpeg
    BFAD11F7-F966-4498-A0F9-400B2CFBB4EC.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1
From the seats, it looks to me like you have a W204 coupe (C204) as in the attachment. How long have you had the car? It’s clearly out of the original warranty, but might be worth getting a view from the dealership. If it was mine, I would get some proper cleaning fluid for Alcantara/Dinamica and have a go at cleaning it before talking to the dealership.
Yeah that’s the one. Will give it a proper going over in the morning.
what I have found is there is a lot of trapped condensation in the car with it being basically a glass bubble either the pano roof so I think it could be that.

If you’ve got no leaks, after drying it out as best you can, it might be worth putting some dehumidifier pouches (silica gel or similar) in the car for a few days.

If you’ve got no leaks, after drying it out as best you can, it might be worth putting some dehumidifier pouches (silica gel or similar) in the car for a few days.

Thought exactly this earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom