HELP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan930

Car
Glc 63
I’ve been an idiot,I’ve waxed the car with some soft99,all was good until I decided to wax the bumper trims & it all turned white now..how do I wipe it offC72A1B0B-CD44-4F2E-92F0-789C971C31B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Might be easier to remove the red line than the trim 😂😂

Meguiars Endurance tyre gel usually does the trick. I had similar on the OH's Mk3 golf back in the day and this was the only stuff (at the time) that worked
It will fade after a week or two but, just keep reapplying until it beds in.
Now...this red line...pre-paint? :thumb:

One trick that sometimes works is to use a pencil eraser. Rub over the area then wipe down. Another pencil case product blutec can also help by just dragging it over the area. Grained plastics are a pain to get polish removed from them. Wheel and bumper treatments can help if the stationery shop fixes do not work. If you do go to purchase an eraser pick up some masking tape and use it next time to protect the plastics, a few minutes putting on tape saves hours of remedial work.

Hi,
Use a soft detailing brush with All purpose cleaner mixed at 3/1 with water.....then a rubber on what’s left. Clean again with apc mix. You may have to do it a few times.
Then re treat your plastics. They look textured so you may have to use some elbow grease.
Good luck.

Repeat, tar remover - honest !

Your best bet is a strong APC with a Koch-chemie majic eraser, or Garage Therapy Decon remover.
Wash it off then IPA, finish ff with Carpro Pearl or something similar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom