Helping a friend in the north west

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dand

Car
C208 230K
Hi all. A friend of mine is currently looking at converting from Audi to MB and has found this C180 classic which he is interested in. Although its fairly basic it looks clean and cheap. Before he goes to see it I was just wondering if any one has any info on it or experiences with manual C180's as the only ones ive driven are auto's.

2001 MERCEDES-BENZ C CLASS C180 CLASSIC 4DR(VERY CLEAN CAR/HPI CLEAR)

Any input is much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Dan

It does look nice and clean although not the most desirable, having cloth interior and it's manual.

Make sure it's got service history and do an HPI check INCLUDING MOT history.

I'd try and get the price down to about £2600ish

Looks nice. The 2.0l C180s are not as refined or as smooth as the later 1.8l 180k. Check everything works especially the electrics/alarm/locking. We had an early C180 from new. The electrics were a total disaster. Made Renault electrics look top notch!

Yeah, i was thinking the same about spec, but he's not really bothered as he keeps his cars quite a while and dose fairly high miles in them. Thanks for the heads up on the HPI check, i never knew you could get past MOT's on them.

Cheers for the imput so far guys, il be forwarding the info on to him :)

A friend of mine has had a C180 ( R reg. ) , for about 8 years and 80,000 miles. Its a manual , and was his first Merc. Now has around 130k and has been almost faultless mechanically .Other than radiator and brakes /tyres , the only replacements have been numerous bulb failures . Showing its age now due to rust popping out everywhere , which i think is common on Mercs of this age , but there again , you dont see many cars that age with good bodywork. He is giving the car to his son in a few months , and will be buying another Merc , age/model to be decided.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom