Helpppp W221 TV/Command issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveamg

Car
BMW M3
2007 S320
W221

I am getting no display on the screen.

Looks like no power going to the command dvd unit.

The heater controls work fine on the dash under the screen.

Can some one point me out to which fuses I should be looking at?

Many thanks!

I hesitate to post this as it may be way too simple,just by the central control knob that you move to navigate around the command on the drivers side there are 3 buttons the one nearest the command turns it off and on,could you have touched this by mistake.:doh:

Yep, tried that mate... No good.

I need fuse locations for the unit if any one has them

Well all I can tell you is the fuses that control the command are either side of the dash if you open the door you will where they are what ones effect the Command I do not know

Well all I can tell you is the fuses that control the command are either side of the dash if you open the door you will where they are what ones effect the Command I do not know

No, this is a W221, COMAND head unit fuse is #122 at the rear SAM. The display fuse is #51 at the front SAM.

I hesitate to post this as it may be way too simple,just by the central control knob that you move to navigate around the command on the drivers side there are 3 buttons the one nearest the command turns it off and on,could you have touched this by mistake.:doh:

Yes, that is surprisingly common ... (not in the OP's case though)

No, this is a W221, COMAND head unit fuse is #122 at the rear SAM. The display fuse is #51 at the front SAM.

I checked th display fuse 51 and it is ok.

I need to check 122 .... Where is the fuse box located in the rear?

Many thanks

Open rear armrest, and theres a false bottom to the gap behind, its under that (i.e between the back of the seat and the boot)

R

I had a quick look at that area earlier.

Flipped arm rest down, there is a storage space which folders down.

Underneath that there is another little flap... Which reveals the VIN no. ... I didn't notice that there was an opening there.

At work at moment so will take a look again shortly.

Thanks for your help.

Found it! Fuse 221 is blown.... Will change it shortly and hope it resolves my issue!

Ok, I have changed fuse 221 and the command unit has some life.

With ignition off ... If I press on it fires up with Mercedes logo, I then get the please do not drive using command message, then screen goes blank.

If I turn key in ignition with car off... The heater/climate displays on the screen (greyed out)

If I further turn the key the heater/climate is now selectable on screen

Pressing the disc/radio or tel/navi button by the front arm rest do not work.

If I scroll through option on the dash, the sat nav appears to be working as it is picking up which direction I am travelling in!

Any ideas? On what to check for next?

Ok... And just out of no where it has all started to work!

This is sorted now.

For further future ref

Fuse 221 under the rear armrest and give the command system about 10 mins to fully come back to life.

I have now another issue with my headlights staying on which I think is linked to when I removed the fuse box cover under the bonnet. I have started a new thread on this.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Comand Off

Yes, that is surprisingly common ... (not in the OP's case though)

Every time, yes every time I took the car into Mercedes for something when they used Star the dame comand was off. They told me its to protect the personal information such as contacts and address from being displayed. So considerate of them, bet the b~ggers were hoping it would not start up again without slight payment.:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom