Helpppp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gl boy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes ML 350 , E220 cabriolet Amg premium plus , Porsche 968 sports
During a drive today In My ML 350 2011 , the ABS , ESP , light came on , also Tyre pressure monitoring Is not working and my satnav on the command is alive but not moving , with the journey , arrow stays where it is and maps also stays !!!! But every now and then it all moves to where I am , then stops again ,,, it’s not following the route !!! Anyone have any ideas ? Ohhh all is factory fitted items !! Thanks regards Jon

During a drive today In My ML 350 2011 , the ABS , ESP , light came on , also Tyre pressure monitoring Is not working and my satnav on the command is alive but not moving , with the journey , arrow stays where it is and maps also stays !!!! But every now and then it all moves to where I am , then stops again ,,, it’s not following the route !!! Anyone have any ideas ? Ohhh all is factory fitted items !! Thanks regards Jon
How’s the battery?

Low battery can lead to random faults such as this. Even if you’re using it regularly if it’s not getting a good run then it might explain it.

Starting the engine might take out more than is put in on short journeys, so a few week of short journeys could flatten a battery.

Take the car for a long run or better still pop it on charge for a good 24h and see if the problem resolves itself.

Get it to a MB dealer or Indi and put it on Star to see what fault codes come up , it could be a ABS wheel sensor causing the ABS, ESP and TPM warnings although the Sat Nav problem is not something I have experienced, Have had to replace 3 wheel sensors on the two ML's I have owned

Get it to a MB dealer or Indi and put it on Star to see what fault codes come up , it could be a ABS wheel sensor causing the ABS, ESP and TPM warnings although the Sat Nav problem is not something I have experienced, Have had to replace 3 wheel sensors on the two ML's I have owned
Hi yes I’ve been told today by a friend whos got a garage that it’s one of the abs sensors , and yes all the things are linked to it , including the satnav as it’s reading it as been stationary and not travelling , so I’ll get it sorted next week hopefully. Thank you for your post and suggestions and appreciate your Advice 👍🏻

How’s the battery?

Low battery can lead to random faults such as this. Even if you’re using it regularly if it’s not getting a good run then it might explain it.

Starting the engine might take out more than is put in on short journeys, so a few week of short journeys could flatten a battery.

Take the car for a long run or better still pop it on charge for a good 24h and see if the problem resolves itself.
Thank you for your suggestions , as I stated just hopefully it’s a bad Abs sensor and I’ll get it sorted next well hopefully 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for your opinions and advice to 👍🏻👍🏻

I was going to suggest an ABS sensor as it would make sense - the vehicle cannot accurately detect the speed and of course the ESP/ABS would malfunction. Should be fine once replaced

I was going to suggest an ABS sensor as it would make sense - the vehicle cannot accurately detect the speed and of course the ESP/ABS would malfunction. Should be fine once replaced
Yes 👍🏻, my mate put it on his machine yesterday , nsf wheel sensor fault 👍🏻 , thankfully , I’d just got it in my head it was going to be a computer and just seen more 💷💷💷💷💷💷💷 this week !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom