Here is my new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
Here is my new car :D

Its soo quiet and smooth its unreal , better than my old C240.

1.jpg

more pics can be found in the gallery:http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1568

Sweeeet! congrats dude!

No heated leather? is it quicker than your old C240?

*sigh* another 744 silver benz hits the road? :)

Looks great, I borrowed a C200 kompressor (now called c180 kompressor) a while ago as a courtesy car. It wasn't bad at all! Not quite as fast as a c230k but it had that bit of boost the 1.8 needs to give it respectable performance. One of the best cars in the whole w203 lineup, performance/economy wise. Good choice!
Originally posted by Koolvin
No heated leather?
Shut up Koolvin you option-junkie! ;)

Thanks guys , ill just have to brave it on the cold mornings K :D

Ive not really put my foot down yet , but , it seems a lot more responsive than the 240 and the best thing is im getting 36mpg according to the on board computer which im over the moon with :D :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

The biggest things ive noticed is how much quieter the cabin is and how smooth the gearchanges are , the 240 was smooth but genuinely , the only way you know its changing is to watch the revcounter.

Im just like a big kid just now , :D i was sat in the car playing with the controls till about 1:30 last night after reading the encyclopedia, sorry , owners manual.:p

Originally posted by fuzzer
Thanks guys , ill just have to brave it on the cold mornings K :D
Im just like a big kid just now , :D i was sat in the car playing with the controls till about 1:30 last night after reading the encyclopedia, sorry , owners manual.:p

I know the feeling M8.:bannana: :bannana:

Welcome to the NEW CAR Brigade.

Originally posted by Brian WH
I know the feeling M8.:bannana: :bannana:
Brian your car is LOADED with gadgets though! I've never seen so many buttons, dials and displays!

BTW Fuzzer I hope you don't mind me moving/copying the thread from the gallery but someone replied to your thread and that's against the rules! Pics in the gallery; Discussion in the other forums!

Originally posted by Shude
Brian your car is LOADED with gadgets though! I've never seen so many buttons, dials and displays!

BTW Fuzzer I hope you don't mind me moving/copying the thread from the gallery but someone replied to your thread and that's against the rules! Pics in the gallery; Discussion in the other forums!

Are you after my job now Shude? I usually close them when they start getting carried away in the Gallery M8.

My car is loaded, but I've sussed most of it out now.

If you want loaded with buttons and knobs try Maffs.

Fuzzer,

Congratulations - another W203 on the board! - having deliberately avoided silver I must admit that looks really good.

Envy for the mpg too....

Very nice,

Even though in the past I have said there are too many silver Mercs, they do look nice, no denying it.

the best thing is im getting 36mpg according to the on board computer

Stuff 36 , ive just been to Aberdeen and back which is a 400 mile round trip. Sitting at 70mph all the way the Mpg reached the dizzy heights of 39.2mpg:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

It settled down at 37.5 and i could not get it to shift from there.

600 miles from a 70 litre tank is not too bad :D

Ive had it up to 70 today and its sitting at about 2350rpm at 70 .

Still not had it above 3000rpm.

Sorry for going on , im just really pleased with it , it proved itself as a great long distance cruiser today and on a lucky note , drunken assholes ran over cars in our street tonight, narrowly missing out T210 and W203 as the driveway was getting re done today . They managed to bend a punto and volvo parked in front of our cars....:mad: :mad: close shave..

Anyway , im off to bed to dream about washing it tomorrow :bannana: :bannana:

Thanks for all the nice comments

Ive had it up to 70 today and its sitting at about 2350rpm at 70 .

Kind of glad I cant afford a brand new car, dont think I have the patience for this running in stuff. Think I would hit 5000rpm driving it off the forecourt.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Kind of glad I cant afford a brand new car, dont think I have the patience for this running in stuff. Think I would hit 5000rpm driving it off the forecourt.
A friend of my Father's always runs his cars in on the first day. Just drive somewhere 400 miles away...then drive back! One day of cruising at nothing more than 2500 rpm and then a lifetime of abuse. Just what a car needs!

I realise that my job car is just a "tool of my trade", but the first Volvo T5 i had allocated to me arrived with 32 miles on the clock, as we were poking around it trying out all the new kit, a shout came in, and i drove it to the call not even considering running in, taking it to the rev limiter in all gears, and at one point touching 150mph on the M20, when it got to the incident it spent around 3 hours just sitting with the engine idling.

When i had this car repleaced 3 years later, it had covered 256000 miles, apart from routine servicing the only fault it had in that time was a broken front wheel bearing. My latest cars fleet number is the 83rd in the line of succession, and to date we have only ever needed 1 new engine.

I think this is a great advert for Volvo engineering, and i'm not for one second suggesting that you don't bother to run your vehicles in. I think what it does show is the advances made these days with regards to the general engineering of vehicles, and it must also follow that the oils and filters do a far better job than in days gone by.

Ive had it up to 70 today and its sitting at about 2350rpm at 70
Thanks for all the nice comments

That's it mate don't do a "Dave", it wasn't his car M8.:devil:

Having just done 2200 miles now I am starting to enjoy the power of my car. It won't be long before you can do the same.:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Interesting that you are getting similar mpg to me.;) ;)

Congrats, old boy.
Of course I'll expect to get a run in it very soon.
:)
BTW, I like silver, my next car better be that colour...

ciao
Karl

Last edited:
Thanks Fandango , ill give you a run in the car sometime soon.

Its in pieces just now , so , you will have to bear with me :D

Yeah , i got the car at the end of the dealer quarter which means you can barter :D

No , those are not bi xenons . I was offered a car with them on, but , the price was going up and up and up so , i just decided to stick to the basic.

How i pine for bi xenon to blind people at night.

Having said that ,the lights on this new one are a lot brighter than the ones on my previous old model C class . They have done something to them and are absolutely superb now .... Might not be worth the extra £710 for the xenons when you see the light coming off the halogens.

So did you get any options with the car?

And do you think they were worth the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom