here we go again!!1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stormav

Car
e220 estate
so my boot battery on my 350 sl 2003 is dead as a dodo and the boot will not open even with the key to charge the battery ! cars low on fuel so the cap is locked !
so a few things to ask .
1 can I get into the boot another way ?
2 will charging the starter batt eventually charge the rear battery?
I have had the front batt on charge for 24hrs and is still not fully charged, is this coz its still charging the rear?

many thanks. in advance .

If you have battery charging points under the bnnet (usually a small black plastic box near the bulkhead with a snap-off/snap-on lid which isolates the positive terminal, and a little round brass pillar about 1.5 in long quite near to it for the earth), attach your battery charger to those and it will charge up the boot battery. If not, if you can locate a permanently live fuse in the fuse box, you can remove the fuse and may be able to connect your battery charger positive lead to the 'battery' end of the fuse holder and the negative to a good earth, and trickle charge the boot battery that way.

Charging the starter battery won't charge the boot battery.

Last edited:
If you have battery charging points under the bnnet (usually a small black plastic box near the bulkhead with a snap-off/snap-on lid which isolates the positive terminal, and a little round brass pillar about 1.5 in long quite near to it for the earth), attach your battery charger to those and it will charge up the boot battery. If not, if you can locate a permanently live fuse in the fuse box, you can remove the fuse and may be able to connect your battery charger positive lead to the 'battery' end of the fuse holder and the negative to a good earth, and trickle charge the boot battery that way.

Charging the starter battery won't charge the boot battery.
brill thanks , I will have a look for the terms I have them on my e class , will have a better look tomoz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom