Here We Go Again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpikyMikey

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW F31 330i LCI M Sport Shadow Edition Black Series AMG Touring
Mrs S just returned from an almost fruitless jaunt to find fuel: the local Shell forecourt is closed with no fuel, she passed 3 other stations with limited pumps and big queues before finally getting some 12 miles away.

No V-Power around here today and one station was closed.

The issues seem to be localised, so I conclude that the bellends from XR/Stop the Oil blocking refineries are largely to blame.

Frankly, it's about time these misguided idiots were kicked into touch.

I got caught out on Friday - i didn't realise there was an issue with diesel due to the protesters as i'd not seen the news! I was running on fumes in the Merc so had to take my wifes car to search for a garage that had diesel. Only one i could find relatively locally only had the posh stuff left. £1.99/litre. So i put in about 3/4 tank and it was £95. Sign of the times as i'd always use the posh stuff anyway until prices started to really increase. I hope things settle soon-ish.

The issues seem to be localised, so I conclude that the bellends from XR/Stop the Oil blocking refineries are largely to blame.

Frankly, it's about time these misguided idiots were kicked into touch.
I have to agree. While i really believe they have a right to protest (as anyone does) and this right needs to be protected, i honestly don't think they are doing themselves or their cause any favours. Right now there's enough challenge in most peoples lives without adding to it. Peaceful protest with banners and the like i have no problem with but i was fuming on Friday when i needed fuel to go see my parents.

Tesco Park Farm Ashford no fuel on Thursday, likewise Sunday and at Tesco Crooksfoot Ashford. Massive queue to get into Sainburys, garage on Ashford Ring Road no fuel, BP near Ashford Station appeared to have fuel, but diesel £1.80/L, likewise Esso St Michaels (Tenterden). Believe the Shell at Brenzett Roundabout also closed, likewise the petrol station on New Romney High Street (don't know what brand). Will probably have to bite the price bullet very soon, down to 1/4 tank on the S204 needed for Friday (Silverstone BSB 3 days!!), not sure which car to take to Brands Hatch Wednesday for PCGB monthly meeting.

While i really believe they have a right to protest (as anyone does) and this right needs to be protected, i honestly don't think they are doing themselves or their cause any favours.
It's a quite extraordinary approach that they have.

Even if they were right about their apocalyptic predictions (they're not), doing what they are is guaranteed to pi$$ off people who might otherwise be persuaded to believe them. Those who are disinclined to believe their fantasy views are pi$$ed off listening to them already, and at some point or another are likely to take direct action against them if the police don't quickly start getting creative in terms of eliminating their disruptive activities.

It's a quite extraordinary approach that they have.

Even if they were right about their apocalyptic predictions (they're not), doing what they are is guaranteed to pi$$ off people who might otherwise be persuaded to believe them. Those who are disinclined to believe their fantasy views are pi$$ed off listening to them already, and at some point or another are likely to take direct action against them if the police don't quickly start getting creative in terms of eliminating their disruptive activities.
The underlying issue seems to be that they are simply stupid!

Who, protesters or the police or both?

Ah well .... Another excuse to hike up the price of fuel again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom