Hertfordshire X pipe fitters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you mean the mufflers (back boxes)? If so I agree. It sounds awful and will drone like mad and prbably fail an MOT.
The V8 has only one resonator and its roughly under the drivers seat between the Secondary cats and the mufflers.
Sorry, yes I meant the rear silencers.

Do you mean the mufflers (back boxes)? If so I agree. It sounds awful and will drone like mad and prbably fail an MOT.
The V8 has only one resonator and its roughly under the drivers seat between the Secondary cats and the mufflers.

I had another look when I got in from work, working from the back I have the back box, then a further box (assume this to be the resonator, google is not being my friend this evening) then the x-pipe where the 2nd cats used to be, then the primary cats. Totally agree removing everything would be somewhat of an MOT failure and also stupidly loud

This is the sound im after
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I no longer have the '55 but here was the. Video I made after I had the X-Pipe fitted:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^ My E55 was like that with resonator and secondary cats removed. x-pipe replaced the resonator.

I didnt put 2 and 2 together, as I also watched your video earlier KillerHERTZ.
I havent played around with car mods since an ill fated drag car some 10+ years back and am going to hazard a guess if I had walked into EMP and shown them the sound clip they would have done things differently or at least asked the question.... are you sure you just want an x-pipe (no slight on EMP, this one is firmly a miss from me, they did exactly what I asked!)

I'm sure you will get the sound you require. It can take a a while to get the exact sound that suits your taste. I imagine the S class to be so well insulated and the exhaust system to have the most silent of parts custom to it over other 55k models. I know many have advised EMP. And as you said they are near by you and they do have good reviews. I used a guy near the me in Basildon Essex.
Pipecraft, he was really helpful and his work was fantastic. Hope you achieve the outcome you are looking for. Once you do open the lungs on the 55k it surely does sound fantastic.

Pipecraft

Unit 23, Orion Court Cranes Farm Rd, Basildon SS14 3DB
01268 285535

Pipecraft - Google Search

I meant to add the link in the post above.

I may well have driven home from EMP with my windows open this morning ;-)
If I ever do this again, I would have the original exhaust removed (so it can be put back to standard if required) and a complete exhaust made.
So this has ended up as second cats replaced by an X-Pipe and resonators replaced with straight through, I need to get a drive by recording (and a cold start) but it still seems a little subdued than the clips posted above, but I also need to remember its an S class, its not supposed to be in your face!
Did manage to break my window regulator on the drive back, so thats now top of the list to be fixed

Glad you are enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom