Hertz On Demand - Rent by the hour or by the day

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by A-AvantGarde, Mar 8, 2012.

1. A-AvantGarde

A-AvantGarde MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 BMW F86 X6 M, 2016 BMW F30 320d, 2001 Mercedes C320 Elegance
    I needed to collect some furniture and my mate with his estate is out of town right now so I needed a van or estate at short notice for just a few hours. So I've just joined HertzOn Demand, it’s essentially a car club (which is free to join, unlike Zip car etc).

Anyway, I figured, that:

a. it’s useful to be able to have access to a van at short notice
    b. it could be quite an amusing way test the Fiat 500 & Alfa MiTo which also feature in their fleet.

Although I believe the cars are only available in London (at present), they’ve partnered with B&Q for the vans and right now have about 120 sites across the UK with Vans. I'd spotted the vans in B&Q a while back but never looked into it before, when I saw that it's a partnership with Hertz and there's no membership fee I fugured why not?

You get an RFID card when you sign up, book the vehicle youneed from their website turn up & go. Sounds easy and hassle free, will post more once I’ve used it later tonight…

Vans are £14 / hr or £30 overnight (from 8pm to 8am) so sounds decent. Apparently there is a 20 mile limit after which it's something like 25p or 30p / mile.

For more information or to join for free, have a look at Hertz On Demand - Car Share - Air Shuttle

If anyone does want to sign up let me know as I've got a refer a friend code which is supposed to give us both a £15 credit. The membership pack also has a discount code offering up to 20% normal Hertz rates (for longer term rentals).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. gmk666

gmk666 Active Member

Car:
    E350CDI Sport Estate
    I'm planning a bank job.
    Have they got any C63s? I'll only need it for an hour or two.

;)

3 people like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    A-AvantGarde

A-AvantGarde MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 BMW F86 X6 M, 2016 BMW F30 320d, 2001 Mercedes C320 Elegance
    :D

Cars at the moment are limited to:

Fiat 500
    Alfa Mito
    Mitsubishi i-Miev
    Ford Focus :(

When I'm at a loose end in the City in between meetings, I think may try the Fiat & the Alfa at some point and possibly the i-Miev