Heve Mercedes stopped replacement parts for the w124 series?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldandgrumpy

Car
E320 Coupe
Good afternoon all. Newbie question and nothing comes up on search.
I have just been told by my garage that Mercedes no longer supply replacement window seals for the C124. This is a few months after learning that they no longer supplied new looms for the engine. Have MERCEDES STOPPED SUPPORTING THE w124?
My E320 22 year old so it has to be expected that Mercedes might stop supply at some time but the seals on the coupe are complex, they appear to be a combination of rubber and felt, so not easy to replicate.

Has anyone else heard this? If so, has anyone got any thoughts on where I might find window seals?

Any pointers appreciated as the old girls immaculate apart from the window seal.

Which dealer did you call? Might sound silly, but I find Colindale parts to be fantastic but Temple Fortune absolutely useless.

John Haynes in Worthing are worth a call, they restore old MB's and seem to have access to the parts network in the usual way. I would be surprised if they can't source them.

Good luck

Beat me to it, was just logging in to say MB Poole stock parts for classic mercedes.

Not in my experience, they have access to the EPC like all other MB dealers, have someone who tracks them down, but they don't hold stock to any extent.

Beat me to it, was just logging in to say MB Poole stock parts for classic mercedes.

There are more classic Mercedes down in the West Country than anywhere else, according to a dealer workshop manager I spoke to a couple of years ago

Some parts are NLA now and I'd expect more to be added

Nick Froome

We use a 124 front door window regulator in our limousine divisions, we dont fit to many of these though. Last year I was fitting a few and we had to order regulators and motors, they where out of stock in Dublin and UK but MB had some re-made for us. The price however had increased considerably; from around 150 euro for regulator n motor to over 700 euro

Those felt seals are not a straightforward find in the EPC from what I remember, might be wrong but if this is so it is far easier to tell the customer that they are NLA....??

As above your local MB Dealer has access to EPC and if he is prepared to look can tell you, almost immediately, if the required parts are available in the UK or from Germany.

I have recently purchased a sunroof seal and that arrived within 3 days of the order being placed which seems pretty good to me.

There are other sources of 124 parts in Europe which i found having attended Essen last year. You could also join the German W124 club as well.

Thank you to all who have answered. It appears the seals are still available and for those who might also be looking the part numbers are

Door seal 1247200978
Window top seal/scraper ( A pillar to B pillar) 11247201124

Appreciate the help given gentlemen

Did you find anyone supplying the engine wiring looms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom