Hey I'm new CLK240 "2003" UPGRADE ICE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

night_mirage

Car
CLK "2003" + E-class 1999
Hey Guys,

I would like to have some experts opinion about upgrading my clk's (Speakers,HU) , And i want to know if there are any problems doing this upgrade.

1st: the Original HU is Wider than the Pioneer's and JVC's ... ETC
How can i Do it ?

2nd: what is the size of the fronts speakers ?
And is it easy to replace them ?

3rd: Is there any amplifier Right Now ?
AND : what is the best way to install an AMP ..'s ?

I heard there is an amp in the trunk, Is it right ? And should i feed the External AMP from this Internal ONE ..

PLZ ADVICE GUYS ...

Mahdi

Firstly we need to know the exact year of your CLK as the pre-facelift and facelifts had different ICE setups.

Also if your looking for double din units check this thread.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42878

Lastly what sort of budget are you looking at ?

Welcome to the forum by the way

2003 . Coupe
And i have the equipments, But i want to know if they will fit .
I have 4x 6.5's speakers
And JVC HU KD-AVX1 DVD ..

m

And By the way, My HU is not double Din

this is a few PIC's for My Car

Attachments

• DSC01359.JPG
    DSC01359.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC01365.JPG
    DSC01365.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 159
Hey Guys,

I would like to have some experts opinion about upgrading my clk's (Speakers,HU) , And i want to know if there are any problems doing this upgrade.

1st: the Original HU is Wider than the Pioneer's and JVC's ... ETC
How can i Do it ?

Hi Mahdi, welcome to the forum. Okay, firstly you need a Facia plate / adaptor such as the one below:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-connects2-ct24mb04_p-22677.htm

You may also need an adapter cable, depends on what your head unit requires.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-connects2-ct20mc02_p-22763.htm

Remember in almost all cases by fitting an aftermmarket head unit you will lose the remote control facility from the steering wheel.

2nd: what is the size of the fronts speakers ?
And is it easy to replace them ?

Not sure on the size of the speakers, they would be relatively easy to replace, you'll need to remove the door cards using a Torx screwdriver.

3rd: Is there any amplifier Right Now ?
AND : what is the best way to install an AMP ..'s ?

I heard there is an amp in the trunk, Is it right ? And should i feed the External AMP from this Internal ONE ..

PLZ ADVICE GUYS ...

Mahdi

I believe all W203 C Class and W209 CLK models have external amplifiers although I'm not sure. Someone else on trhe forum may be able to offer more advice.

Nice car by the way. Where about are you based, UAE?

Hope this helps,

VIN would always make things simpler. Usually the car would have a separate amp if it was equipped with Sound system. Browsed through a few models (did not check the MY) and found a W209 with a HU including the amp.

Fitting an amp is straightforward, but best to research it thoroughly before doing it yourself. Easier just to pay a pro, should be no more than 1 or 2 hours labour. I'll post a good link to some info a bit later

Hi Mahdi, welcome to the forum. Okay, firstly you need a Facia plate / adaptor such as the one below:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-connects2-ct24mb04_p-22677.htm

You may also need an adapter cable, depends on what your head unit requires.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-connects2-ct20mc02_p-22763.htm

Remember in almost all cases by fitting an aftermmarket head unit you will lose the remote control facility from the steering wheel.

Not sure on the size of the speakers, they would be relatively easy to replace, you'll need to remove the door cards using a Torx screwdriver.

I believe all W203 C Class and W209 CLK models have external amplifiers although I'm not sure. Someone else on trhe forum may be able to offer more advice.

Nice car by the way. Where about are you based, UAE?

Hope this helps,

Thanks A-AvantGarde , I live in Jordan - Saudi Arabia .. Saudi is near to UAE, what do u know about UAE and from where did u hear about it ? ITs nice to hear someone knows about our country .. :D

About the Adapters i did take off the frame and i looked at it .. I can do some fabric using Wood or FiberGlass .. So its easier than order it from FAR countries ..

About the AMP , Can i just disconnect the Original HU and forget about the original AMP .. And then do install my HU and my own AMP's ..
IS it the best way ?? or Not PRO ??

about Speaker replacement , Know i really need help ? i tried to take off the door panel but still one step i coud n't do .. I don't know how to do it .. It stills stuck .. I'll post Photos so u can tell what Scrow still need to remove ?

Thanks for ALL

thanks, there is a problem in my phone so i couldn't attatch photos but i'll try to explane what i did ?

1- I took Off the SRS logo
2- I took off the metal end from the door edge
3- I removed the scrows which was ender the plastic "under the hand's holder"
4- Uncliped the clips BUT its still tight ? what else ? I can feel there is something holds the door panel > Does the Crome or the hand's holder able to remove ? or is it the plastic which holding the seat's setting ?

PLZ if anyone has a photos STEP BY STEP explane ?

oh god

Finally i can post photos

this is what i did ? So what's the missing part ?

Attachments

• DSC01590.JPG
    DSC01590.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01592.JPG
    DSC01592.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC01593.JPG
    DSC01593.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 114
more

more

In the 2nd pic i think there is something i did n't take it off ? where is it ??????

Attachments

• DSC01594.JPG
    DSC01594.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 111
carefully unclip the panel off the fasteners , I cannot remember if there is one screw through the bottom of the door handle , then the card is released by lifting it upwards - I think that's it but maybe someone will confirm.

Can't help i'm afraid .... car is too new for me to know anything about , but just wanted to say that that red leather combination looks stunning !!

Welcome on board by the way !

H

thanks HOWARD ..

Its new to me 2 , I have owned E-class 1999 before and it was easier to deal with ..

plz guys i should complete it Tomorrow ..

what

where is the next scrow ?
1 - 2 - 3 - 4

and should i remove the crome NO:4

Attachments

• DSC01595 fixed.JPG
    DSC01595 fixed.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 60
guys, I'm ANGRY ..
Today I went to a MB dealer and it tooks 20 seconds to take off the Door Panel , There were No other screws , He just drop the window and Pull up the panel upward ..
U made me pay for him just to take it off and i was worrying about the Fvckin Screw, There were NOTHING ..
Tomorrow i'll install the Comp's , Will Show u ..

Thanks anyway ..

You're blaming us ?

Not exactly U .. u did ur best . BUT am blaming who has the same car and did n't help

anyway: u are learning from ur experience >>

thanks all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom