Heya peeps!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tilly

Heya guys, just come across the forum so I thought I'd drop in and say hi :bannana: I work for a car finance broker and have managed to get myself a good discount on a car provided its registered before the end of the year... Im only young so its not the biggest of engines for price/insurance reasons :eek: :rolleyes: but it'll do me fine :) Ive just ordered it today and should be taking delivery of it shortly :bannana: Its a diamond black C180K sport edition saloon, not many extras as affording it wasnt the easiest at my age but its got heated seats, pre wiring and a CD changer so Im looking forward to it! No doubt you'll see more of me around the forum and I'd just like to say hi :p

And now to be a pain with my first question :D With it having to be a december registration I've had to take a stock car and none of them had a Harmon Kardon sound system, if I'm to have it fit I know its a £510.00 cost option from the factory but im guessing with it being from the factory you'll only pay the difference between the price of the standard setup and the Harmon setup ie £510.00, has anyone had it retrofit and how much did it cost? Cheers guys :D :bannana:

Mark

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Don't know about thay system, but usually adding a factory fit option, after delivery is more expensive than having it done at the factory.

Welcome....

.......And 'Happy Motoring' :rock:

Sorry can't help with the other inquiry. :(

Bill. :devil:

yeah I assumed it would be but Im not too fussed, just happy to be in the car! My last car was an '03 plate 318 BM coupe but it was literally a matter of weeks before that went, it was an SE model and I wasn't impressed with the handling, it was extremely comfy and nice to drive dont get me wrong but to say it was a two year old car there was a few warranty faults cropped up within a matter of days. Hopefully the Merc wont be the same, I've never actually driven a c class yet but to be honest at my age im not too fussed about long test drives etc. i just like to live :)

Hello Tilly.

Let me be the fourth to welcome you :bannana: .

On the HK front, I am certain that you cannot get it as an option without at first speccing Comand as well so, you would be looking at a total option/s cost of £2000 to £2500. Also, its not just a matter of different speakers, the amplifiers are different as well in order to drive the surround sound aspects.

I suppose in theory you could retrofit it because (most!) anything/s are possible but the cost?, ££££££s?, mmmmm, scary :eek:. Over to you Miro :D

Portzy.

:eek: :crazy: ouch! well thats that one out of the window then :( I was thinking £600-£700 or so but fitting command and nav etc too... maybe not :p I thought it'd be a similar idea to the Beemers as in my last car its was a case of just swapping the speaker system and parcel shelf over as the parcel shelf came with an amp inbuilt for the rear subs but I guess its not that easy in this case :rolleyes: Ah well, time for another plan!

Hiya Mark

Welcome to the forum - lots of helpful member on here ... unfortunately I am not one of them as I can't answer you query.

Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Welcome from here too. You might be better of talking to somewhere like SQA Plus who have excellent reputations for looking at this type of thing. Don't expect it to be cheap - then you won't be dissappointed :D

SQ plus will be able to tell you what your options are as there will prob be more than the HK system anyway ;)

HK is avalible from the factory on a w203 without comand.

Personally , after hearing the standard system in my 05 w203 , i can't complain one bit about it . Had an audio buff in the car who commented on how good the system was and i was chuffed :)

Plenty of detail , plenty of bass for the inside of the car and it just sounds right :)

Your car sounds good :) pickies when it comes

Hehe fair play, its just me, haven't even seen the car and I'm wanting to uprate things! Im quite excited because I've never actually seen a sport edition in the flesh let alone driven one (or any merc for that matter) and Im finding it extremely hard to find any pictures of one in diamond black on the internet, only two pictures on the Mercedes website which aren't the best and so I really don't know what its going to be like! Just wish it was here before xmas :( im stuck without at the moment but hey, sh*t happens! :p

Tilly said:
its just me, haven't even seen the car and I'm wanting to uprate things!

:D :D Welcome and allow me to introduce R2D2, he has a habit of "uprating " things too. (will obviously be here soon) Joking aside lots of friendly peeps here. Enjoy.

ill keep an eye out for his motor :D I want to just keep things simple at first, I saw something really effective on an S class the other day, the rear lights are half red, half white as standard, well he'd tinted the red part of the lights black, please note... it was on a black car so it didnt look out of place!

Sounds Good!

I'm sure you will be well pleased with the standard audio in your new C180.
My wife has a 2004 C180(facelift) and the sounds are great. How do I know? I spent years on the road as a sound engineer with live bands and I have heard a few decent systems and this is one of them.
You will be glad of the phone pre-wiring even if MB can't seem to keep up with the phone cradles. I just had to down-grade my sony to get a cradle to fit! Still, it's good to have the phone controls at your fingertips. Enjoy! :)

I hope so :) its just I've always been into a lot of different styles of music and Im a guitarist myself so the sound quality is a very important part of a car to me but I need to have not only a clear system but a loud one, Im into guns n roses and other similar groups and so I love to have a good solid bass sound to handle the kick of the bass drums and give it a live, gig style volume. I've run audiobahn/kicker/carbon dub component systems in my previous cars and never had a problem, Im just hoping the standard system can take the volume and hold its tonal quality without distorting :( Time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom