hf bluetooth driving me mad!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s60r

hi,

can anyone help? I am at my wits end with my bluetooth hf cradle. It connects up ok about 90% of the time, the rest of the time i haveto turn the bluetooth off then on to get it to connect. But most infuriating is the constant loss off connection during calls. it will drop most calls within the first minute saying "bluetooth connection lost" on phone and "please activate phone" on comand. I have a sony w890i but have tried it with a w320i and does the same thing. I have tried re-pairing phone.

are these things notoriously bad or have i got phones that arnt compatible? or is the thing just broken?

many thanks for any advice.

cheers.

hi,

can anyone help? I am at my wits end with my bluetooth hf cradle. It connects up ok about 90% of the time, the rest of the time i haveto turn the bluetooth off then on to get it to connect. But most infuriating is the constant loss off connection during calls. it will drop most calls within the first minute saying "bluetooth connection lost" on phone and "please activate phone" on comand. I have a sony w890i but have tried it with a w320i and does the same thing. I have tried re-pairing phone.

are these things notoriously bad or have i got phones that arnt compatible? or is the thing just broken?

many thanks for any advice.

cheers.

I'm not sure if Sony-Ericsson phones are notoriously bad but it could be the case. :rolleyes:

I'm using a different BT adapter, the SAP version and I have never lost BT connection with it. Actually owners complain that it keeps the connection too eagerly, to far from the car. :eek:

I remember some posts about certain phones having BT problems but I do not remember the phone model. In any case a SW update would likely help.

Of course you could have a connector issue at the BT adapter too, should check the connector is clean etc. although I have not heard too many complaints about the UHI connector while some phone cradles have issues. Would you have a chance to test another phone, another BT adapter or your adapter on a different car?

I'm not sure if Sony-Ericsson phones are notoriously bad but it could be the case. :rolleyes:

I'm using a different BT adapter, the SAP version and I have never lost BT connection with it. Actually owners complain that it keeps the connection too eagerly, to far from the car. :eek:

I remember some posts about certain phones having BT problems but I do not remember the phone model. In any case a SW update would likely help.

Of course you could have a connector issue at the BT adapter too, should check the connector is clean etc. although I have not heard too many complaints about the UHI connector while some phone cradles have issues. Would you have a chance to test another phone, another BT adapter or your adapter on a different car?

I have found the HFP cradle to be very reliable. The symptoms you describe are not normal. so I suspect your cradle may be faulty or the connection it has with the UHI is dirty.

Where did you get the HFP from?

Do you have access to another phone you can use? I have had problems with a sony ericsson using a hard wired cradle in UHI - nokia and motorola no problems...

I have a Sony Ericsson K750i in my W204 which is connected via Bluetooth, no cradle so may not be relevant. But I was always getting connection problems and failures in finding a signal even in strong signal areas. A few weeks ago I downloaded an update for the phone and it now works perfectly. So perhaps a check for any updates for your phone might help, assuming the fault is not a cradle connection fault.

many thanks to all for the advice.

i have downloaded the software update for the phone and still probs. i am going to clean the connector in case this is dirty today. i got the cradle from mercedes dealership where i bought the car, this is 150 mile round trip so if the cradle is faulty i hope they will exchange it at local dealer. just want clarification that the w890i is compatible with the hf bluetooth.

i have also tried it with a k320i now and the same thing happens, so either it hates sony ericsson or there is a problem with the cradle/pre wire kit?

if anyone knows for sure that this phone is compatible i would be very grateful!

thanks again.

Hi there, i do a lot of HFP units here at work and always test and demonstrate them, however some sony ericsson phones can be temperamental with the HFP unit. if you can drop me an email at the link below ill be happy to send you the PDF of phones that have been officialy tested by MB and proven to work fine with the unit.

Hi there, i do a lot of HFP units here at work and always test and demonstrate them, however some sony ericsson phones can be temperamental with the HFP unit. if you can drop me an email at the link below ill be happy to send you the PDF of phones that have been officialy tested by MB and proven to work fine with the unit.

Gareth

Recommend you delete your email address once you have received the email as you will get it picked up by spam spiders and get lots of spam....

But I have made note of it incase ....:D

many thanks to all.

i have finally got confirmation that my w890i is not supported by the hfp b t unit.

had to buy another phone and fingers crossed all working brilliantly now!

many thanks again
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom