HFP Bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flipflop68

Car
2004 CLK240
Hi everyone, I know you'll all be bored with this subject but I need help. I have a 2004 (54) clk w209 and have just bought a hfp bluetooth module to replace the old phone cradle. Plugged it in and it had power, my phone paired and connected ok but the cars phone system is showing no phone. I did a lot of research beforehand and believe it to be the right one. I didn't though check my interface code because don't know where to find it, is this likely to be the issue or do you know of something else? Thanks in advance

That needs proper diagnosis - could be the interface, could be the cabling between, or the connector, or possibly the HFP itself. Do you know anyone else with comfort phone that you could test the HFP in ? The fact it lights up so you can pair it (you did pair it with "MB bluetooth" rather than the "SNIxxxxx" device) suggests that the interface is working as it powers up the HFP only once its talking correctly on the car's audio network.

Shame you are bit far from us in Surrey.

That needs proper diagnosis - could be the interface, could be the cabling between, or the connector, or possibly the HFP itself. Do you know anyone else with comfort phone that you could test the HFP in ? The fact it lights up so you can pair it (you did pair it with "MB bluetooth" rather than the "SNIxxxxx" device) suggests that the interface is working as it powers up the HFP only once its talking correctly on the car's audio network.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it pairs as mb

Thanks for your reply. Yes it pairs as mb phone system. I had a bluetooth module previously which did the same thing so I sold it on and it worked on a newer car. I only tried again because after reading up on it, I thought I might just need a different serial number. The system used to work with a cradle and phone which is why I assumed it was the hfp. I might dig the phone out and try that just to test the system. if it works then I'll assume it's a software thing, and see what it will cost to have the phone system upgraded if possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom