HFP - Doing my head in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
I'm trying to use my Blackberry 8900 with the HFP unit and its doing my head in. I pair the device fine and it reads the contact list with no problem, however when I turn the car off and then come back to it, it refuses to connect and the HFP unit has no light on it.

I go through the motions of removing the pairing from the phone and then re-attach it only for the same thing to happen the next time I turn the car off and come back to it.

???

Help!:dk:

I'm not sure if the unit is loose maybe on the connector, how is the unit detached?

I'm trying to use my Blackberry 8900 with the HFP unit and its doing my head in. I pair the device fine and it reads the contact list with no problem, however when I turn the car off and then come back to it, it refuses to connect and the HFP unit has no light on it.

I go through the motions of removing the pairing from the phone and then re-attach it only for the same thing to happen the next time I turn the car off and come back to it.

???

Help!:dk:

I'm not sure if the unit is loose maybe on the connector, how is the unit detached?

Check the phone settings to make sure it is set to auto pair with the HFP.

The cradle comes off by pushing the little black button on the upper left of the cradle and sliding backwards.

cheers Alfie, the phone wasn't set to Trusted automatically. I hate Blackberry more and more as each day goes by, they are such a hassle to use when compared to iPhone.

(Blackberry is a work phone not bought through choice)

if you have got the pairing done you should see the MB Bluetooth in your Blackberry list of Bluetooth devices, slect the full list of options and check that the 'connect on power up' is set to yes

In the Device properties for the MBBluetooth also make sure the 'Trusted' option is set to yes.

I had this probably originally and changing these settings it now works fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom