HFP Handsfree and Blackberry Curve (8310)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w124coupe

Just about to buy one of the above and thought I would check with you guys as to how the pair works together?

I have over 200 contacts, most with multiple numbers (work, mobile, home etc).

Does the HFP unit load all these up OK?

Yes

The limitation to the number of contacts depends on the phone system installed - what car do you have - I guess its not the w124coupe you are talking about.

Richard

Hi, no the E320Coupe is my hobby - the car in question is an 06 E280CDI With Comand and phone prep.

I briefly tried the v1 SAP solution with a Nokia phone and the single number per contact/max 100 contacts made me sell it on.

Has anyone got a BB 8310 working with a v2 SAP module? Company phone arriving soon.

Has anyone got a BB 8310 working with a v2 SAP module? Company phone arriving soon.

I doubt that, at least so far BB has not supported BT SAP.

Hi, no the E320Coupe is my hobby - the car in question is an 06 E280CDI With Comand and phone prep

Ok, the limit is a few hundred names - so you should be fine. The older D2B cars with UHI have the lowest limit which in its worst case is '250 minus size of SIM' - i.e if your phone has a SIM with 200 memory locations that is empty you only get room for 50 contacts left from the phone memory.
Some cradles (such as ViseeO) translate some of the phone memory into 'sim memory slots' so you get 150 phone memory.

Cheers
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom