Hi, advice appreciated from any C63 W204 coupe owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ as HHamster mentioned. You’ll see small badges over the speaker grills to indicate it’s fitted, although copies of the badges are only circa 99p from the likes of aliexpress... so try and find the spec sheet of a potential purchase to see what the car was specced with

Cheers for the reply, and for the heads up re copies of badges, its pretty bad you can get copies of pretty much anything!

Cheers for the reply, and for the heads up re copies of badges, its pretty bad you can get copies of pretty much anything!

You can also check by going into the sound setup menu. If there is an option for Logic 7 3D surround it’s a legit Harmon Kardon equipped vehicle.

I have an HK system in my 2013 wagon. To me coming from a Lexus it is dreadful and would just change he speakers in the car to get a bette sound. The HK ones are NOT great quality. New ones fit very well behind the grills. LSD and I went with a DMS remap make all the difference.

What speakers did you put in instead?

I also have a 2013 estate with HK and I like the Logic 7 Surround but agree the speakers could be better...

I've added a Wavetrac and a remap as well, clearly great minds think alike.

Another confirmation and agreement with HK in the estate - it's rubbish. No bass.
The standard set up in my old C350 saloon sounded way better. I have a seperate sub set up I keep meaning to install - but never get around to it.

I have both Bass & Treble set at 10. Bass is dire. Probably the worst I've heard (...or not). I get slightly better bass if I turn logic7 off.
The sub is working (removed the rear trim in the boot and stuck my head in) so, all I can think of is the bootspace which offers zero enclosure.
That said, my RS4 was an estate and sounded OK...

ANy help/advice/solutions most welcome

I have both Bass & Treble set at 10. Bass is dire. Probably the worst I've heard (...or not). I get slightly better bass if I turn logic7 off.
The sub is working (removed the rear trim in the boot and stuck my head in) so, all I can think of is the bootspace which offers zero enclosure.

That must sound horrid, bass is a low so shouldn’t be any higher than the middle bar

My options are logic 7- off

For DAB My bass is one bar below the middle, so on a scale of 0-10 it’s on 4, and the treble is five bars from the top, so it’s set at 7/8

For Bluetooth streaming in its sub menu, I have the volume option set to standard, you can choose ‘boost’ if the devices volume is too low

Mine sounds crystal clear, the sub is plenty for what I listen to (drum and bass, hip hop, house, metal)

Although I will tweak the bass lower if I’m listening to metal. Shame it doesn’t have an option to tweak Mids because you can’t get the best out of guitar sounds unless you put logic 7 on, and by then it’s too loud!

That must sound horrid, bass is a low so shouldn’t be any higher than the middle bar

My options are logic 7- off

For DAB My bass is one bar below the middle, so on a scale of 0-10 it’s on 4, and the treble is five bars from the top, so it’s set at 7/8

For Bluetooth streaming in its sub menu, I have the volume option set to standard, you can choose ‘boost’ if the devices volume is too low

Mine sounds crystal clear, the sub is plenty for what I listen to (drum and bass, hip hop, house, metal)

Although I will tweak the bass lower if I’m listening to metal. Shame it doesn’t have an option to tweak Mids because you can’t get the best out of guitar sounds unless you put logic 7 on, and by then it’s too loud!

Must be the estate I assume, HK in both my saloons was/is amazing.

Sounds as if yours isn't working properly , my hk is set aproxx in the middle for both bass and treble

My coupe has excellent HK sound with everything set in the middle apart from the bass which I have at +3 on the scale. Suits my 80’s music tastes perfectly :D

Hmm...I need to investigate further by the sounds of things. As already said, the standard system in the saloon was far superior.
I may have to find an estate on a forecourt and have a 'little cheeky fiddle'...
And yes - as per my sig, it's the estate I'm working with.
@ Ash..I'm a drummer and like lots of Bass & Treble

Ash..I'm a drummer and like lots of Bass & Treble

Im a guitarist and dj and with bass and treble as high as you have it I’d not be surprised if you’ve broken your own speakers, or caused tinnitus ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom