Hi all I have finally done it and got myself a MB!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavomercE350D

Car
E class 350 d estate 2011
Hi all my name is Nath, I finally took the plunge and went with my gut instinct and brought a E class 350 diesel, to which point I might add is incredible. My Saab finally gave up on us last week and was searching for a car that was practical for us. 4*4 was the first thought but when I added the tax, running cost etc I thought how about an estate. Always liked MB so looked a little further into them and went and picked my car up last Wednesday and can honestly say why didn’t I do this sooner! Anyway hello all!

The engine is a peach. Ensure the ATF is changed regularly and they do big mileages.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tip, I am a complete Merc virgin so will be on here a lot asking q's!

Thanks over the moon with her!

Welcome to the forum, lots of good advice on here.
I moved to Mercedes from Jaguar two years ago with a 220 CLS Shooting Brake.
Liked it so much I’ve added a little peach of a car, a 350 SL. It’s a 2004 and has done just 9500 miles.
I’m enjoying the best of both worlds so to speak.

Welcome, can't beat an E class estate as it bridges the gap between saloon and 4x4 with serious load lugging capabilities.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Welcome, Nath, as said that 350 cdi engine is a brilliant
super smooth/quiet and very fast when needed or you feel like a bit of a play. :D

Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone I have been looking through the manual and trying to find out when to service the auto gear box. It was done at 36000 but can not find anything else after, what is the recommended mileage for an auto gear box service. Researched internet but are all different?

Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone I have been looking through the manual and trying to find out when to service the auto gear box. It was done at 36000 but can not find anything else after, what is the recommended mileage for an auto gear box service. Researched internet but are all different?

My later ML 350 cdi with the 7g box was every 4 years or 37500 miles, which ever comes first. Not sure but yours might have been at the time when they recommended one change then to leave it for life. Most owners ignored this and chose to service it regularly . No doubt another owners with more specific info will comment

Thank you for that info, I want to stay on top of the servicing as this car has got to last me at least 5 years. I hope as the misses has the keys most of the time!lol

Thanks, yes mine has got the reversing cam thank god, but the misses still managed to catch it on the dwarf wall. Only a slight scuff on the bumper. Said anymore and I am taking the keys of you! lol Had'nt even had it 24 hours was not happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom