Hi & Apologies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokie

I'm going round your forum & it keeps saying I cant post. As Iv'e finally got a window to type in I'm going for it.

1. Hi all
2. First service on a B180, which I know from past experience its a little more than an oil change, of which they want £200. I havn't got 200. Iv'e seen posts in here of a place in Fenton, Staffs.
3. Is it any good, and dare I 'defect' already ? Iv'e already been warned about my Merc guarantee (b.s) that it WILL go up the wall, honist missus - we have to pay for our brand new showroom somehow.

Do I starve for a month or do I go Indie ? And will I still have my Merc guarantee if I do ?

Thanks guys, in anticipation

You will maintain your basic warranty (assuming the correct work is done to the right standards), but the Mobilo cover will lapse until you re-enter the dealer network.

I'm going round your forum & it keeps saying I cant post. As Iv'e finally got a window to type in I'm going for it.

1. Hi all
2. First service on a B180, which I know from past experience its a little more than an oil change, of which they want £200. I havn't got 200. Iv'e seen posts in here of a place in Fenton, Staffs.
3. Is it any good, and dare I 'defect' already ? Iv'e already been warned about my Merc guarantee (b.s) that it WILL go up the wall, honist missus - we have to pay for our brand new showroom somehow.

Do I starve for a month or do I go Indie ? And will I still have my Merc guarantee if I do ?

Thanks guys, in anticipation

Merx, which is the place in Fenton, probably a bit more relaxed than with a main dealer which means you need to push a bit but the work they do is first class IME.
When I say push, its little things like getting them to order parts, letting you know when they are in, but the savings are worthwhile.

Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask why you own such a car yet cannot afford the most of basic of services on it?? No car is 'cheap' to service and MB's are no different. I bought my E Class knowing that the services may well be, at times, ahem, costly, although that has not been the case so far!!

I am constantly amazed how people think.....

I agree. The first service on your B-class is the cheapest it's ever going to be.

I don't really think an independent is going to be all that much less than £200 (although I'm prepared to be corrected), so is it really worth it for saving say £50?

I'd stick with MB until it is 3 years old.

Last edited:
I agree. The first service on your B-class is the cheapest it's ever going to be.

I don't really think an independent is going to be all that much less than £200 (although I'm prepared to be corrected), so is it really worth it for saving say £50?

+1 :dk:

i agree. The first service on your b-class is the cheapest it's ever going to be.

I don't really think an independent is going to be all that much less than £200 (although i'm prepared to be corrected), so is it really worth it for saving say £50?

I'd stick with mb until it is 3 years old.

+1

Buy and supply the oil yourself (CostCo 4L of Mobil 1 £24). That will help keep costs down.

No excuses really, ASSYST gives you plenty of warning!

+1 too

Welcome to the forum!

Can I ask why you own such a car yet cannot afford the most of basic of services on it?? No car is 'cheap' to service and MB's are no different. I bought my E Class knowing that the services may well be, at times, ahem, costly, although that has not been the case so far!!

I am constantly amazed how people think.....

I didnt "Think" that my husband would finally run off with (unprintable)
I didnt "Think" he'd start with coming after my house
So
I "Think" the car is next, in fact I'm sure of it.

Okay ? Question answered ?

Byeeeeeeee all, & thanks for the advice.
Admin you can delete my account please, I have enough problems without needing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom