hi chaps please help me price a weird one..... project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apples24

firstly this isnt a for sale post.

but i took on a project recently and have done nothing to it lol, i have just bought a older e30 bmw 325 sport which has taken my attention more

this is a 1991 mercedes 500sl convertible

been off the road for 10 years, the roof needs replacing, the two seats need retrimming or repairing, it starts runs ont he button drives well, if you leave it running for 10 20 mins if go to restart its a struggle to get it going again, doesnt happen all time but it does play up, im putting it down to basic service materials and i spose possibility of a crank sensor etc playing up

its grey in colour, it does also need paintwork as small marks

so yes its a project, but these are extremely well liked cars, it is hpi clear, the logbook will be with me in a week or two.

so im thinking of ebay, not so much of an auction but buy it now etc

what value would you place on this car?

lee

IMG_0206-1.jpg

IMG_0207-1.jpg

IMG_0208-1.jpg

Low reserve auction. I'm sorry, but a lot of people will see this as a moneypit. But there is always the opportunity of several people getting a "Bidding fever" about the prospect of buying a Merc convertible...

i have to be honest ythe buyer would need to be in trade or have connections, i know of a roof for £250 on the frame ready to bolt on or a new aftermarket is £350 but 10 hours to fit, seats well ok lets say £400

paint work, i do myself i know many people int he trade that will do both sides for £400 and make a good job of it.

i had very good intentions with this car but plans have changed, would i be wrong to ask £1500 ono??? sound over the top???

I would say start the auction at £1500 as opposed to a buy it now and if thats all you get so be it, but as said i would bet it will go a little higher.

Lynall

It is worth £50: where should I send the cheque? :D

shame though isnt it, you will never see a cheap sl class for sale, you never see projects etc as there worth more in parts so traders either snap em up or rip em to pieces, everyone seems to love the wedge shape sl especially the 5.0.

the two breakers from the merc sites offered me a grand for it.

id so love to keep it i was even considering a colour change to white or black but just havent got the time to do that. needs to be loved and appreciated

Hello

While its not my cupa tea Ebay is weired you only need two people to start bidding and who knows. I'm often amazed prices people bid are often more than you can go and buy things for brand new in shops...this could work to your advantage though.

I would start your bid at what ever you would be happy for it no reserve and let it run.

Do loads of pictures write a good advert and who know's you may be supprised.

What millage is it on? being stood for 10 years?

good luck

Where about's are you?

It shouldn't be difficult to get £1500 for it.

Project or breaker, there'll be no shortage of people interested in it at that money :)

Put it on eBay, £1500 buy-it-now and I bet you it's sold within a day or two.

Will

I agree with the rest, about £1500 sounds right. If I didn't have so many cars and other commitments I would take it off your hands for that :doh:

oh thats good then so you kinda all pretty much well think it will make roundabout the money i want thats fine, as soon as i have the v5 ill list it on ebay, ill post link on here incase there is anyone intersted

i sat here last night wondering if anyone famous owned it over the years hpi check revealed a few intersting prev number plates

its currently on H89 MPD

prev are

it was first issued with h808wgh then onto mb99 in 1992 then a14awm in 1994 and the current plate since 1995

apples24, i too would be interested in thus car if another one falls through but of course you cant pm on this site till your post count is up to 30 posts

apples24, i too would be interested in thus car if another one falls through but of course you cant pm on this site till your post count is up to 30 posts

But can't you PM him? With an email address maybe? Does it work that way?

its ok no worries wont be long and ill have the right post count, as i say no rush anyway, its sat on my driveway a month it can sit a bit more :)

if u want to have a chat about the car i would be up for that before i commit to any other cars.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom